Hondo's Bar

The Passion...of the Clerks!

I think the DVD should have a feature where you can watch it in color or black & white.

I've heard it's being shot in color and black and white. I'm secretly hoping it'll switch to B&W if they ever go back into the QuickStop...like The Wizard of Oz in reverse.

By the way, it's hard to see with the view askew watermark, but did anyone else notice that Randal seems to be wearing a Ranger Danger shirt? :)

The Jedi clip was just test footage that the animation company (I think it's Powerhouse Animation...they did the Flash Clerks spoof called Heroes a while back) did to see if they'd be able to complete the movie in Flash. Since then, I haven't heard a thing about it, so I dunno if it's still being produced or not.

Well

Friday, April 8, 2005

Clerks Cartoon Clarifications...

Just to clarify on the confusion regarding upcoming Clerks ANIMATED projects: At both appearances last weekend, Kevin did indeed confirm the plan to do the CLERKS ANIMATED FEATURE that would go direct to video/DVD. The plot, as previously mentioned: Dante and Randal decided to make an indie feature about life at the Quick Stop.

Kevin ALSO said that they'll be doing 5-6 CLERKS ANIMATED SHORTS that will play before CLERKS 2. Different theaters will get different shorts. Of course, all of them would be collected for the film's eventual DVD release.

None of the deals are done on any of these projects at this point, but this is indeed what the plan is right now. Hope that clears it up for ya'll.

That would have been genious marketing in a time before the internet, but I don't know how maybe people will watch it six times (at six different theaters) to see all six shorts.

This is from April, 6 months ago. Couldn't find any news more current.

• 5 months later...

R-Rated Internet-only Clerks 2 Trailer

Let's play a game. Post your favorite part of the trailer in spoiler tags once you've seen the trailer and see if you have the same favorite part as anyone else.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Oh my fucking god, after reading her myspace page, "Becky Scott" (the fictional haracter played by Rosario Dawson in Clerks 2) is so hot, I'm considering getting a myspace just to hit on this fictional character.

PS I think the recent trend of creating myspace profiles for fictional characters is lame. I give props to whoever first thoguth of it. From a markettin angle, it's clever, but it's still lame. On the other hand, Becky Scott is my dream woman.

Not as good as the internet only unrated one. Still, I loves my Rosario Dawson....

My god, there's a sexy nun pic on Jay's page...

Jay and Silent Bob:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=63986921

OK, under "Jay's Details" is has "Smoke / Drink: Yes / No"

OK, I know Smith was able to get Jason Mewes clean with the promise of a new movie with Jay & Silent Bob (which is great by the way, good for him), and I know the character "Jay" is based almost 100% on Mewes, but there's not need to make the character Jay sober just because Mewes is now.

• 1 month later...

Archived