Hondo's Bar

Shenmue

The NZA

i bought a dc way too late and bought shenmue1 because it was fat and well rated for £25 or something (didn't know it ran on gdrom- can burn cds etc. had 56k modem then anyway). it was second-hand. everyone else had a ps2. i loved that game and i kinda got near the end with this forklift and i couldn't get the game to go any further. i used to look up what i was doing wrong and started to think i found a glitch in the game.

on 09/09/09 i started a new game. i really liked sega because they were trying new things in games.

Don't make me choose here fellas. One blew my mind at HondosCon with his party-animalistic nature and will forever be a part of our secret circle of Scrotes, while the other helped me spit on Dr Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum and hung out with me in some of MIA's uh... less reputable houses of skin. Pretty sure George also poached Haku's dancer too(at the first place near the airport?).

Fuck it, I found 3 posters but I know there's more around somewhere, lemme see what I can find and whomever's address I have will have them sent to them & therefore has distribution rights.

...you know they live in the same apt, yes? and they dont hang up posters, they just leave them on the floor till their indentured irish servants put them on walls (or uh, lulu)? id tell you send them my way & ill distribute with a just hand of righteousness etc but let's be honest, they're not going anywhere till joel & rudy bring em back with my sword anyway.

...you know they live in the same apt, yes? and they dont hang up posters, they just leave them on the floor till their indentured irish servants put them on walls (or uh, lulu)? id tell you send them my way & ill distribute with a just hand of righteousness etc but let's be honest, they're not going anywhere till joel & rudy bring em back with my sword anyway.

This is the year man, I can feel it.

And they had Shane pay his way by hanging posters? Cold

And Joel- you spelt it asses. Queen's english: You're doing it wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

So in all honesty, do you guys think a Shenmue III may never happen? While I thoroughly enjoyed the first, I never got around to playing the second (Nick, hook it up), but the chances of a third happening after this comment I read not too long ago make me wonder:

"As it happens every year, the Xbox 360 dedicated edition of the Japanese magazine Famitsu interviewed some Japanese developers to know more about their future plans for the 360. These developers always end up saying something about other consoles as well.

In this year's edition, SEGA has stood themselves out by talking about the much requested sequel to Shenmue 2. SEGA still thinks a lot in making the game, however there exists the selling and profitability factors.

None of the previous games sold really well for the investment made, and SEGA is in doubt as to if it will resurrect the series. However SEGA assured the fans that if there is some opportunity to revisit the series, they'll love to do it.

SEGA also mentioned the chance of one of the three hardware makers financing the game's production in exchange for an exclusivity deal. Let's see if Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony are interested."

This is interesting as we usually don't see Sega say something other then their usual company line about the Shenmue series.

While I will find it hard to imagine a sequel without its creator, other studios who have shown interest like Sumo Digitial. Will Sega allow it? Time will tell.

2pr5jxe.jpg

Edited by Losifer

heh, nice image.

im still of two minds here: i understand much of it was done (no one seems to know how much), and god but i want closure. on the other hand...Suzuki leaving felt like that door closing. i think my answer hinges on how much work/specifically want still needs to be done, the "feel" of 2 cemented it as one of my favorite RPGs of all time, that'd be essential for this to not feel tacked on for me.

next time i see you, you can borrow my EU copy of 2, just dont waste time thinking youll import your data from part 1. unless you like really hard missions, this will not happen.

They're all a figure eight plug. If you're short on those then you clearly don't hoarde shit like I do can have one of the fucking fifty I have. Hell, even your PSP charger has a figure 8 plug. To remain on topic, this game defeats my short, short attention span & therefore you're welcome to it Sexy Hat.

Also. soon as I can find a cardboard tube I'll gett hose posters sent off to whoever's address I pull from my inbox first.

• 6 months later...

...ugh, god no - horrible dub. i already have the superior EU DC version, but im looking to emulate/make these games look prettier (see above screen caps) on a gaming laptop, i kinda like the idea of having pretty much every console up to 360/PS3 on one computer, looking sharper than it did in the day no less.