Hondo's Bar

Ex Machina

The NZA

I wanted to come in here and say "wow, you guys are good". but you know what? at some point, someone's gonna make a Godwin law sequel and us fanboys arent gonna be able to just cast Fillion as whatever they please out of pure love. He'd be fun for it, no doubt, but watch the Wire, this guy's already playing as close to a non-supes Mitchell as ive yet seen.

Cant fault your other calls. Has Meadows done any serious roles? cant think of em offhand, which isnt to say that he coudlnt.

Seriously, Fillion isn't out of fanboy love, the guy has acting chops on the side and he could play Hundred's serious side just as well as his less-serious. He would have to tone his accent down, the Canadian/redneck thing just wouldn't fly.

Meadows has done a few serious roles, they're few and far between but the man has the chops for Wiley easily.

• 3 months later...

...who's caught up on this? I didnt yet read this week's # 45, but 44 blew the top off Mitchell's origin. its clearly heading up for its endgame, as i just noticed the wiki says its only gonna go 50 issues, but damn...

so that explains that, then - mitchell and the animal guy. big tit former-love interest reporter chick has the power of "white", though? this is gonna end messy.

...who's caught up on this? I didnt yet read this week's # 45, but 44 blew the top off Mitchell's origin. its clearly heading up for its endgame, as i just noticed the wiki says its only gonna go 50 issues, but damn...

so that explains that, then - mitchell and the animal guy. big tit former-love interest reporter chick has the power of "white", though? this is gonna end messy.

Oh yeah, shit's about to go bad.

I'm up to the mid 20's or something. I'm sick of lookin' for scans on a monthly basis, from now on I'm just gonna wait until the series I'm readin' is finished. The worst thing in the world is readin' all but a few issue's of a series ridiculously fast and then (Shift+L) and nothing happens.

That happened me with Y and I had to crazily download that last few issue's, literally watched the torrent download.

Oh yeah, just realised I haven't commented on this series yet....I like it very much.

Baytor - read # 45 yet? im still waitin'.

ASC - swear to god, its not overly user-friendly, but if you guys learned how to use DC++, i could show you a hub to get damn near any book you want. once its setup, imagine a p2p like kazaa/morpheus/ares etc only you enter name & issue #. so, so good - i so rarely torrent books these days.

• 1 month later...

yeah, so sad this is tying up soon, this final arc...shit is looking absolutely lovecraftian, cant wait to see how its tied up.

looking forward to getting it in trade down the road, and again, anyone that's seen The Wire (and you all should), id cast the guy who plays Carcetti for Hundred. its obvious, but i think it works.

• 1 year later...

So just remembered I never finished this until last night. Just finished it now. I'm amazed nobody else has commented on the ending.

I'm not sure if I liked it or not, It was well written and I in no way saw what was coming, but Bradbury being a self hating homosexual? Hundred killing Kremlin? I don't know, it doesn't really fit who and what those charcaters were.

I may have to step back and re-read it before giving a final verdict.

i didnt know if anyone was still reading it, my bad.

the final act brought home my point @ Hundred being just like Carcetti as the mayor from The Wire...he was well intended, but power corrupts.

what's interesting is that a) Hundred shamelessly rigged the election (if i recall correctly), and b) after killing whats-her-name, he felt free to tie up loose ends.

hell, if anything should bother you as being out of character, its the guy who stood for civil unions running with "keep gays out of the military" mccain. but for real, i thought it was sort've an interesting downward spiral for Mitch...dodge the bullet of the lovecraftian horrors invading, but plunge his soul as far down as needed to move up to the white house.

There did seem to be a lot of last-minute character revelations that kind of leaves me with the same feeling as the end of Y: The Last Man. I like this ending better than Y, but it still had some stuff that felt forced. Still best book on the whole I've read, probably, ever.

/Enter the Vertigo Apologist. Righting wrongs and justifying endings to Vertigo series since Preacher...

Men are still in short supply, beggers(

one-titted Hero

can't be choosy and she's basically a mature version of Yorick, meaning she's ostensibly attractive to

Beth

...wait, remind me your beef (in spoilers) with the Y ending? i wanna say ASC said he didnt dig it either, i thought it was really great.

....ahhhh? The below is me after finishing Y

WOW, just fucking wow.

i have just read the entire series in two days, that's right all 60 issues

man fuckin' curve ball after curve ball, and a finish which was perfection

the guy fuckin' had balls

he did my dream ending to preacher

"but yeah i also have a problem with tulip, cass and jesse all dying and returning, Jesse (twice). at least one should have died, actually tulip getting shot should've happened in last issue that would have a been a great ending. if he had done all the love story crap and then killed her i think everyone would be happy."

that's a quote from me from preacher's divinty - 17/12/06

Look, in the relevant thread, ask me what you wanna know about 100 bullets and I'll rationalise make the bad questions go away.

I reread 100 Bullets from start to finish recently, and the ending is far better than I'd remembered. Not the best ending but I think I can honestly say I like it.

The Preacher ending is kinda growing on my as well, I won't admit I like it yet though. Oh and I tried Transmet again recently, got bored after issue #6 I'll probably try reading on a bit more but I'm pretty sure I'll never see the appeal of that book.

• 7 months later...

Having just read the whole of Ex Machina BKV's reaaaaally testing my resolve to make lemonade of any and all Vertigo endings I like. THe whole book was fractured and I can only imagine what a nightmare it was to navigate monthly. On the whole I liked it though, the individual supporting cast wrapup was awful and felt out of character though, talking Kremlin & Bradbury here. They got a shitty deal in the end...

i again wanna take my shot on your 100 Bullets here, but yeah, shit did wrap up with a quickness.

okay, so Hundred was kind've a dick (and apparently just a power hungry politician at the end - man, this reminds me of the Wire season 4, mayor Carcetti should so play him in a flick), and Mccain yadda yadda...remind me what became of bradley & the good comrade?

Archived