Hondo's Bar

DC All Stars

Eating rats?

Jesus Christ.

I initially stopped reading All-Star Batman & Robin because I couldn't find anything past issue #2. You would have figured that after the debacle that was Dark Knight 2, DC would have said, "Okay, Frank. You can come play in the sandbox again, but only if you have all 12 scripts written, and at least 6 of them have been penciled. We don't want to run into the same problems with delays we had last time." But if that happened, Miller probably would've gone off crying about creators vs. corporate publishers, then done an ultimately mediocre run on Martha Washington, or some other shit nobody gives a fuck about, since it's not 1993 anymore.

Instead, I imagine the exchange went more like this:

Frank Miller: Bend over.

DC Comics: Okay.

The End

One of the worst things about All-Star Batman & Robin is also one of the sins committed by DK2: It's completely forgettable.

You pick up the issue, all excited, then you read it, and you can't remember a goddamned page of it. It's like that 10-15 minute period was mind-wiped by the JLA, or like you had a fever AND the shits-- you don't particularly remember the details, but you remember how bad it sucked. That's what All-Star Batman & Robin was like for me. All I kept thinking was, "What the fuck happened to Frank Miller? How do you go from writing THE Batman stories to writing DK2 and A-SB&R in the span of 20 years?!"

Miller should've been happy with his contributions to the Batman mythos and just stuck to writing Sin City books...

But if that happened, Miller probably would've gone off crying about creators vs. corporate publishers, then done an ultimately mediocre run on Martha Washington, or some other shit nobody gives a fuck about, since it's not 1993 anymore.

Hey, "Give Me Liberty" was great. Show some love.

So I didn't really care about the Morrison/Quietly "Superman" book, 'cause inverness "Superman" sucks a whole lotta cock no matter who does him. Plus I hear that Superman is a dick. However....

How wrong I was :FHD:

• 3 months later...

You keep them the fuck out of my house, sir. Ive already got an N-Sync DVD on my hands.

Panch swears there's an awesome Jim Lee spread that i need to check out, but how is this book still running?

I was gonna post that too. That was the best issue of any comic ever. It was funny as fuck. I'm thinking of buying a load of 'em and passing them out at Christmas. So fucking good.

The fuck you will. I wouldn't even use that book as tp.

Archived