Hondo's Bar

The Life Aquatic

Also, MLB, I hope you don't feel like you're time watching this movie was wasted, because by not being able to "appreciate the subtle humors and outstanding acting jobs of these types of movies" because you and I "prefer movies like 2 Fast 2 Furious and XXX where paying attention to dialogue or scene is not important", we are privy to dante's feeling of pity for us, and I don't know about you, but that makes me feel OK about it. I often feel guilty not liking all the same movies as my intelectual superior, so it's always comforting to me to now they don't hold it against me. Don't you feel the same way?

Haha, I do feel better within myself. I remember watching 2 Fast 2 Furious and thinking 'Hallelujah, film of the year!!', and I no longer feel ashamed. Dante, I'm hungry, how about some fishes and wine...

Will you follow me? Will you follow until I make you all wear matching jumpsuits and shoes and drink punch? Will you follow me and find me slews of women to appease my every desire?...of course I know Jesus didn't do these things...but I'm not Jesus....I'M GOD!

• 3 weeks later...
alright. i'm calling out the bullshit. both of you guys are elitists. now shut the fuck up and stop being a bunch of whiny bitches. anyway, wilem dafoe is the shit. with the whole crossing the line thing and the look on his face. my favorite part of the movie.

Well you're just a no good Defoe elitest.

I saw this right when it came out and I thought it was great. Not top ten of the year for me, but I really liked it. The pirate scenes were fucking hilarious. Pretty much everything's been said here, performances rocked all around. The change of tone at the end was weird, but it kind of worked.

So, I didn't like it quite as much as Tenenbaums and Rushmore but I like those movies a hell of a lot so that's no big deal.

• 6 months later...

Bill_Murray_Wallpape_35338j.jpg

"were going to need to order another red hat and speedo for you."

Man....ive still gotta see Bottle Rocket one day, but personally, i enjoyed this more than Tannenbaums, and its been a while, but possibly more than Rushmore as well.

LL's favorite scene is definitley one of mine; i also caught this sublte part where Owen & Murray do a sort of high-five, and Dafoe takes part, from the background. Cap'ns right, its definitely not for everyone - the humor is as dry as it gets, some of that dialogue was killing me...sublte shit like Murray & Houston talking about why they didnt have a kid ("Also, you were getting pretty old.

...that may be a cop out."

"Well, i was 34."

"...

its been good seeing you again.")

...etc. Goldblum, Dafoe, and Murray really made this thing for me. I guess i was just really down for a sea adventure, so this was awesome. Now, im gonna to try to find the soundtrack online...

• 4 years later...

Archived