Hondo's Bar

"Famous Last Words"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Because I like this game, dammit. (Number 20 of the last batch was Gallipoli, by the way)

1. Titan AE - ChristyandJake

What are you going to call it?

I think I'll call it..."Bob".

"Bob?" You can't call a planet Bob!

So now you're the boss. You're the king of Bob.

Can't we just call it Earth?

Well...no one said you have to live on Bob.

I'm never calling it that.

2. Chicken Run - ChristyandJake

If you don't have a chicken, where are you going to get the egg?

From the chicken that comes from the egg.

Yeah, but you have to have an egg to have a chicken.

Yeah, but you've got to get the chicken first to get the egg, and then you get the egg... to get the chicken out of...

Hang on, let's go over this again?

3. Hudsucker Proxy - King of Snake

And that's the story of how Norville Barnes climbed waaay up to the forty-fourth floor of the Hudsucker Buildling, and then fell all the way down but didn't quite squish hisself. You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...

4. Dick Tracy - ChristyandJake

You know something, Tracy, I kind of like that dame.

"And the sea will grant each man new hope as sleep brings dreams of home." Christopher Columbus.

Welcome to the New World, sir.

6. Hellboy - King of Snake

What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins, the way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes - not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.

7. The Fellowship of the Ring - King of Snake

Sam, I'm glad you are with me.

8. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - ChristyandJake

Wait a minute...you didn't see Lefors out there, did you?

Lefors? No, why?

Thank god for that. For a moment there I thought we were in trouble.

9. Big Fish - Dante

It doesn't always make sense and most of it never happened... but that's what kind of story this is.

10. Some Like It Hot - King of Snake

You don't understand, Osgood! Aaahh...I'm a man!

Well, nobody's perfect!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Number 5 was Hunt For Red October, by the way.

1. "Polly? I-..."

"You don't have to say anything."

"Lens cap."

2. "My name? If you knew that you'd be as clever as me."

"NO!"

"I'm sorry..."

3. "The horror...the horror..."

4. "I never got to say thankyou."

"And you'll never have to."

5. "Where you headed, cowboy?"

"Nowhere special."

"Nowhere special. I always wanted to go there."

"Come on"

6. "He got away from us, Jack."

"'Fraid you're right, Mr. Helpmann. He's gone."

7. "What do you want?"

"Five minutes, ma'am. I owe your husband twenty. Hell...I'm only asking for five with you."

8. "Next to me in the blackness lay my oiled blue steel beauty. The greatest Christmas gift I had ever received, or would ever receive. Gradually, I drifted off to sleep, pringing ducks on the wing and getting off spectacular hip shots."

9. (Note: This one's from a director's cut) "You keep what you kill."

10. "You can't get fooled again."

"For once, we agreed."

11. "Not that anyone cares what I think, but the restaurant is at the other end of the universe."

12. "I was so glad to be going home. I remembered the days when I sang and danced with my family on the porch of the old house. But things change, and with all the additions to the family, we had to tear down the old house, even though we loved it. But we built us a bigger one. "

13. "One more thing, Sofie...Is she aware that her daughter is still alive?"

14. "Nations, like men, it is sometimes said, have their own destiny. As for the American Captain, no one knows what became of him. Some say that he died of his wounds. Others, that he returned to his own country. But I like to think he may have at last found some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find."

15. "Now, when you're rescued and returned with your patrol to command headquarters, what will be among the first of your duties that you'll undertake?"

"I'll recommend Sergeant Shaw for the Medal of Honor, sir. He saved our lives. He terminated the enemy. Led us across the desert to safety."

"Excellent. And there were casualties?"

"There's always casualties in war, sir."

16. "Sing it out, men! Higher, you animals, higher! We open in Leavenworth Saturday night!"

17. "Tell me I've lead a good life."

"What?"

"Tell me I'm a good man."

"You are."

18. "I know I can do it," Todd Downey said, helping himself to another ear of corn from the steaming bowl. "I'm sure that in time, every bit of her will be gone and her death will be a mystery... even to me."

19. "My story starts at sea... a perilous voyage to an unknown land... a shipwreck... the wild waters roar and heave... the brave vessel is dashed all to pieces, and all the helpless souls within her drowned... all save one... a lady... whose soul is greater than the ocean... and her spirit stronger than the sea's embrace... not for her a watery end, but a new life beginning on a stranger shore. It will be a love story... for she will be my heroine for all time. And her name... Viola."

20. "All right. M-m-m-ove along now. Th-th-there's nothing left to see here. That's all folks. Mmm, I like the sound of that. Th-th-th-that's all, folks!"

1. "Polly? I-..."

"You don't have to say anything."

"Lens cap." - Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

12. "I was so glad to be going home. I remembered the days when I sang and danced with my family on the porch of the old house. But things change, and with all the additions to the family, we had to tear down the old house, even though we loved it. But we built us a bigger one. " - The Jerk

15. "Now, when you're rescued and returned with your patrol to command headquarters, what will be among the first of your duties that you'll undertake?"

"I'll recommend Sergeant Shaw for the Medal of Honor, sir. He saved our lives. He terminated the enemy. Led us across the desert to safety."

"Excellent. And there were casualties?"

"There's always casualties in war, sir." - The Manchurian Candidate

18. "I know I can do it," Todd Downey said, helping himself to another ear of corn from the steaming bowl. "I'm sure that in time, every bit of her will be gone and her death will be a mystery... even to me." - Secret Window

19. "My story starts at sea... a perilous voyage to an unknown land... a shipwreck... the wild waters roar and heave... the brave vessel is dashed all to pieces, and all the helpless souls within her drowned... all save one... a lady... whose soul is greater than the ocean... and her spirit stronger than the sea's embrace... not for her a watery end, but a new life beginning on a stranger shore. It will be a love story... for she will be my heroine for all time. And her name... Viola." - Shakespeare in Love

20. "All right. M-m-m-ove along now. Th-th-there's nothing left to see here. That's all folks. Mmm, I like the sound of that. Th-th-th-that's all, folks!" - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

6. "He got away from us, Jack."

"'Fraid you're right, Mr. Helpmann. He's gone."

Brazil

7. "What do you want?"

"Five minutes, ma'am. I owe your husband twenty. Hell...I'm only asking for five with you."

Changing Lanes

11. "Not that anyone cares what I think, but the restaurant is at the other end of the universe."

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

13. "One more thing, Sofie...Is she aware that her daughter is still alive?"

Kill Bill

16. "Sing it out, men! Higher, you animals, higher! We open in Leavenworth Saturday night!"

The Producers

17. "Tell me I've lead a good life."

"What?"

"Tell me I'm a good man."

"You are."

Saving Private Ryan

• 1 year later...

I missed this game. Remember, these are the final spoken lines of a film before the credits rolls, no after-credits scenes, please.

"Hey...what's your name?"

"Davis."

"My name's McCardle. ...well...so long."

"So long."

"Hey doll. Looks like I let you down again. It's like all my life I've just been going, going...going. Wish I'd taken more time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. Guess it's too late for that now. You're the greatest, baby."

"Hey, what did she whisper to you?"

"She called me a dirty word."

"Alright, you don't have to tell me."

"So tell me...what's become of my ship?"

"The way of the future...the way of the future...the way of the future...the way of the future..."

"My father once told me we was all born of blood and tribulation; so then, too, was our great city. But for those of us who had lived and died in them furious days... it was like everything we knew was mightily swept away. And no matter what they did to build this city back up again -- for the rest of time -- it would be like nobody even knew we was ever here."

"I think we oughtta leave now."

"That's probably a good idea."

"Nice shooting, son. What's your name?"

"Murphy."

"It's alright. It's quite alright, really. She's having a rest. We'll be going on soon. There's no hurry, you see. We have all the time in the world."

"Can you feel it?"

"Feel what?"

"Today is the first day of the rest of our lives."

"Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup!"

"No one will ever forget that night and what it meant for this country. But I will never forget the man and what he meant to me."

"The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch, but you don't wanna blow your wad, so then you got to cool it off a notch. There are a lot of rules. Anyway... I've started to make a tape... in my head... for Laura. Full of stuff she likes. Full of stuff that make her happy. For the first time I can sort of see how that is done."

"Made ya look!"

"What do you love about music?"

"To begin with? ...everything."

"Son of a bitch. Stole my line."

"Throw that junk!"

"I'm not even gonna swat that fly. I hope they are watching. They'll see. They'll see and they'll know and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly’.”

"…Made to commit acts too unspeakable to be cited here by an enemy who had captured his mind and his soul, he freed himself at last and in the end, heroically and unhesitatingly gave his life to save his country. Raymond Shaw...hell...hell."

"I was cured, alright."

"I think we oughtta leave now."

"That's probably a good idea."

Pulp Fiction

"Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup!"

Sunset Blvd

"The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch, but you don't wanna blow your wad, so then you got to cool it off a notch. There are a lot of rules. Anyway... I've started to make a tape... in my head... for Laura. Full of stuff she likes. Full of stuff that make her happy. For the first time I can sort of see how that is done."

High Fidelity

That last one as so easy I felt like I was cheating.

Archived