Hondo's Bar

"Famous Last Words"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So...four out of twenty have been answered. Anyone else wanna take a shot? Here's the list again.

"Hey...what's your name?"

"Davis."

"My name's McCardle. ...well...so long."

"So long."

"Hey doll. Looks like I let you down again. It's like all my life I've just been going, going...going. Wish I'd taken more time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. Guess it's too late for that now. You're the greatest, baby."

"Hey, what did she whisper to you?"

"She called me a dirty word."

"Alright, you don't have to tell me."

"So tell me...what's become of my ship?"

"The way of the future...the way of the future...the way of the future...the way of the future..."

"My father once told me we was all born of blood and tribulation; so then, too, was our great city. But for those of us who had lived and died in them furious days... it was like everything we knew was mightily swept away. And no matter what they did to build this city back up again -- for the rest of time -- it would be like nobody even knew we was ever here."

"I think we oughtta leave now."

"That's probably a good idea."

"Nice shooting, son. What's your name?"

"Murphy."

"It's alright. It's quite alright, really. She's having a rest. We'll be going on soon. There's no hurry, you see. We have all the time in the world."

"Can you feel it?"

"Feel what?"

"Today is the first day of the rest of our lives."

"Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup!"

"No one will ever forget that night and what it meant for this country. But I will never forget the man and what he meant to me."

"The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch, but you don't wanna blow your wad, so then you got to cool it off a notch. There are a lot of rules. Anyway... I've started to make a tape... in my head... for Laura. Full of stuff she likes. Full of stuff that make her happy. For the first time I can sort of see how that is done."

"Made ya look!"

"What do you love about music?"

"To begin with? ...everything."

"Son of a bitch. Stole my line."

"Throw that junk!"

"I'm not even gonna swat that fly. I hope they are watching. They'll see. They'll see and they'll know and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly’.”

"…Made to commit acts too unspeakable to be cited here by an enemy who had captured his mind and his soul, he freed himself at last and in the end, heroically and unhesitatingly gave his life to save his country. Raymond Shaw...hell...hell."

"I was cured, alright."

Damn right it is.

For those who don't want to actually play the game: :headbang:

1. 12 Angry Men

2. Crank

3. Brick

4. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

5. The Aviator

6. Gangs of New York

7, Pulp Fiction

8. RoboCop

9. On Her Majesty's Secret Service