Hondo's Bar

nostalgic

Nanno

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then there was the dodge-Ghostbusters!! Remember those? They were the Ghostbusters, but not the movie ones, an' they prolly got taken off the air for that reason. Aaaaand who could forget both awesome versions of Mask(& M.A.S.K)? Them an' Samurai Pizza Cats.

God I'm glad Skeeter mentioned DinoRiders. What's that? Dinosaurs with lasers and missile launchers strapped to their backs? It's a dream come true. Though I never could figure out how the good guys always managed to win when all they ever rode were herbivores.

I used to love all the cartoons that Disney put out back then. They really had no respect for their own classic characters. Chip and Dale, beloved foils of Mickey and Donald, always in a tree, never talking? Nah, screw that, let's give Chip a fedora, Dale a hawaiian shirt and put them in a freakin' detective agency! And while we're at it, let's ship Donald off to the Navy and have the nephews live with their greedy (but lovable) Citizen Kane wannabe great-uncle. But the best was Tail Spin. What did they have to be on to take the Jungle Book characters and come up with that concept? Louie owned a bar, Baloo became a freight pilot and best of all, they turned Shere Khan into a fuckin' mob boss. I remember an episode where he held one of his subordinates out of a plane by his neck! He was a furry Kingpin! And don't even get me started on Gargoyles. Disney had some balls back then.

And who could forget...?

MuBlogom_.jpg

Ah super ted.... can't beat watching it in Irish!!! :D What the hell was the yellow dudes name? Probably gay from the sound & looks of him!!!! lol

Anyway, here's MASK

Mask.JPG

Phantom

phantom.jpg

phantom-dc-12.jpg

Ren & Stimpy

rs001.jpg

Rocko's Modern Life

rocko.jpg

Ah the memories.......

Ren and Stimpy rule, when i was in NYC i bought the first two season's (UNCUT) on DVD, hilarious!!!

• 1 month later...
Ah super ted.... can't beat watching it in Irish!!!

Aw man, gaeilge SuperTed was the shit!

With your powers combined...I am Captain Planet!

cartoon3.jpg

Dunno if you've caught Captain Planet as of late (it's on Cartoon Network over the weekend either really late at night, or really early in the morning depending on how you look at it) and it's like a tool for programming an enviornmental wing of Hitler youth. I can't believe I used to watch that shit *throws empty beer bottle out the window*

Anyways as for mine....

I really dug.....

B00008V6XE.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and the best show ever

ZETK.jpg

The Mysterious Cities of Gold!

• 1 month later...

I know this is an older thread but I got so excited when I read it that I had to post some things. :D

Like: The Wuzzles, oh man looking back on it now, it was so crap, but at the time it was great.wuzzles.bmp

Reboot was so awesome.reboot.bmp

He-Man and Sherashera.bmp

And Gummi Bears, their theme song takes forever to leave my head.

gummibears.bmp

And So does Denver the last Dinosaurs theme song

denver.bmp

Archived