Hondo's Bar

New Avengers

The NZA

huh...that's not a bad guess. think they'll be elsewhere though, i.e. West Coast Avengers? there's gotta be an angle that keeps NY from hogging the classics + this interesting team.

im willing to put $ down on that being Moon Knight, though again im not sure how much sense it makes unless his current series stays in that direction.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, personality number 2 is being all non-lethal and not carving moons in peoples' foreheads or throwing supervillains off of sky scrapers so the wounds may have healed for this round.

And now Thing and Luke Cage are on 2 teams at once? I thought Wolverine was the only person capable of doing that.

He probably has, I know a couple of X-Men have done double duty on there, a few super villains as well. He may have, but I don't know how he's going to be a good Avenger if he spends most of his time on adventures with the Fantastic Four. Not to mention, Thing seems to become more and more obsolete with each year. Poor bastard.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if Taskmaster would be epic, I mean he has a cool costume but that doesn't change the fact that he's pretty much the Mokujin of the Marvel Universe. But who knows, it could be either. And hopefully the Sentry will be dead for a very very long time after this.

i admit; i laughed at the mokujin comparison. speaking of, where's echo?

Taskmaster's not seeking redemption. i almost got a goblin-esque vibe off that silhouette at first, but again, a dollar says Moon Knight, his current book is all about that angle.

eh...kinda would, kinda wouldn't. i barely read his being in the avengers in the day, but i dont think it worked well, im not sure how great a team player he is. dude's troubled.

as the sort've anti-hero that inevitably has to be kicked off, it could work. then again, ive never read Bendis on Moon Knight, so im excited at that. but now that ive caught up on his latest series (Vengeance of Moon Knight), he's stopped killing/ripping dude's faces off to appease his violent god. he really is shooting for redemption right now, so yeah, kinda fits.

its at least not as bad/odd as that short-lived Marvel Knights team of Daredevil, few guys and Punisher. remember that shit?

ok, looks like we got a larger cast now, including some Avengers Academy of newbies. also, looks like they're specifying who's Classic Avenger, New, and Secret. i still have $10 on Moon Knight for that one.

wait, Jewel's in?! shit. also, my idea on them ditching spidey & wolvy was off.

The-Heroic-Age-IAmAnNewAvengers-05.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmAnNewAvengers-04.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmAnNewAvengers-03.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmAnAvengers-02.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmAnAvengers-01.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmAnAvenger-Thor-05.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmAnAvenger-Spider-.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmAnAvenger-Iron-Ma.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmAnAvenger-Hawkeye.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmAnAvenger-Captain.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmASecretAvenger-06.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmASecretAvenger-05.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmASecretAvenger-04.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmASecretAvenger-03.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmASecretAvenger-02.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmASecretAvenger-01.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-IAmAnAvenger-Avenger.jpg

IAmAnAvenger-AvengersAcademy-Strike.jpg

IAmAnAvenger-AvengersAcademy-Reptil.jpg

IAmAnAvenger-AvengersAcademy-Hazmat.jpg

IAmAnAvenger-AvengersAcademy-Fortre.jpg

IAmAnAvenger-AvengersAcademy-Finess.jpg

...so, who're the other secret ones? Captain Marvel, Sentry with boobs (or Mrs Marvel?), wha?

Scarlet Witch is my guess.

So Avenger's academy is already not doing anything for me. Partially, if not mostly, because Reptil is in it. Reptil is a superhero I would have come up with when I was six (for all I remember I may have) and he seems pretty useless in the grand scheme of things.

Scarlet Witch is my guess.

shit, you're good. that tagline should've been a dead giveaway, but yeah, i wanna see Bendis ease her (and Sentry?) onto said teams. that should be...something.

i get you on the non-hype for the avengers newbies, but then, im usually pessimistic on young new teams...the Initiative didnt do it for me, i found the Young Avengers forgettable, pretty much everyone since the Runways years back ive dismissed, but the team on Secret Warriors has been fun...mostly cause Fury runs them, granted. anyway, yeah, ill prolly sleep on this book too until hearing otherwise.

I almost want to say that "I Lead By Example" guy is Cap. Could make sense since Captain V-Crotch (I'm honestly trying to find the magic with Bucky Cap that everyone else has but I'm still having no luck) is on the Avengers. The silhouette looks close, but he doesn't have the little wings on his head.

Captain Marvel is a likely candidate for the guy who looks to be wearing some sort of armor.

yeah, i was thinking that. "lead by example" + that stance is dead-on cap, minus shield. i guess the "convictions" one is marvel, given the new quantum-bands and all. good calls all around.

Bucky-Cap is fun in the ongoing Brubaker series (though the current arc needs to hurry up & finish, cap vs the teabaggers is dragging its nuts), he's been given enough character to seperate him from Steve but it remains to be seen if that'll transfer over with Bendis or if we'll have another Sentry/Ares that loses its way out of its original creator. i hope Bucky's not defined by "playing by a different sent of rules" etc, he could work better in a Nightwing-type relationship to Cap/bats, i think.

that, or just make him the Winter Solider again, that shit was fun.