Hondo's Bar

New Avengers

The NZA

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, at some point around Civil War, James Rhodes hit a landmine or something in Iraq and got exploded, he lost both arms and his legs. Fortunately his buddy Tony Stark gave him the hook-up and gave him cybernetic enhancements. During Secret Invasion, War Machine (now synonymous with James Rhodes literally) was awakened when all the Stark Tech went down, it seems he was on another operating system. He now had the cool new ability to integrate other technology into his body. This resulted in trapper-keeper worthy shots of War-Machine with boner-inducingly large weapons attached to his person at least 3 times per issue.

So he killed, like, the entire Middle East, destroyed a virus, and managed to sway the will of a lesser god made of liquid metal to his side. Gave Osbourne the fuck-off and transplanted his mind into a clone of his own body. So yes, it's very possible that that is Rhodey up there and I don't know why I didn't think of it.

• 2 weeks later...

well...huh.

secretavengersleaked.jpg

​So once this Heroic Age stuff starts at Marvel, there'll still be two Avengers teams -- the regular Avengers and the Secret Avengers. The former includes Captain America, Thor and Iron Man, and the latter -- well, that's them up there: Beast, Nova, Valkyrie, Moon Knight, War Machine, and... uh... Steve Rogers. I guess that means Bucky-Cap will be the Cap on the Original Recipe Avengers team; I was really looking forward to the the original three getting back together, but I'm sure there's stories to tell about Bucky working with the rich armored asshole who effectively got his mentor killed. Thanks to Rebelcomix for the tip.

Space & Baytor were right about some, and im glad there's no Witch about.

Goddamn, who would've guessed Valkyrie, I forget she even exists sometimes. I'm not loving the new Steve Rogers design, I'm hoping Bucky-Cap will go the route of U.S. Agent and piss off after a few months. And the Nova one was impossible to call, you can't even see the silhouette of his helmet in it. Oh well, least I got the rest. Still not sure I'm crazy about Moon Knight being team oriented again but I'm sure they'll make it work.

the way newt tells me, Nova's almost a bit overpowered for that team.

Ive seen Steve in lesser roles, so im down to see their take here, even if im not overly-hyped about the rest of the mismatched team...id sure like to be made to care for a few of em, but yeah, going in, its steve & moony for me (yeah, he's not a team player but im just loving his book these days - much love again to baytor for getting me back on it, cant recall why i put it down but i dare say he's working his way into my personal top 5).

Secret Avengers = My new favorite team.

I'm somewhat glad Bucky will now be the official Cap. Steve as the leader for SA already makes the team a force to be reckoned with (like the new suit to). Sweet that Moon Knight made it in along with Beast, Valkyrie and War Machine.

Nova (AWESOME!) came out of nowhere, but now the Avengers have a cosmic connection again. Yeah he is overpowered, but way less so than that mistake called Sentry. Plus if he dosen't make it to the battle (ala Sentry) his excuse is better.

Example:

Sentry: "Super villain 136 says s/he can make me better." "I hear voices." "I had jello today." "It's Dark!" "Where am I?" Sentry's wife saying he can't help today because he's cowering under the covers.

Nova: Still trying to help fix that gigantic tare in space, rebuilding the Nova Corps, helping the Guardians of the Galaxy and Quasar fight The Magus, Maelstrom and Thanos and trying to keep the peace between the Kree and Shi'Ar.

Edited by Genroh

Nova: Still trying to help fix that gigantic tare in space, rebuilding the Nova Corps, helping the Guardians of the Galaxy and Quasar fight The Magus, Maelstrom and Thanos and trying to keep the peace between the Kree and Shi'Ar.

Not anymore he's not. Marvel cancelled his book along with GOTG.

• 1 month later...