Hondo's Bar

The World Cup. Who will win?

Jumbie

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in all fairness, Argentina, were all over Nigeria, they just didn't convert their chances and they had plenty!! Veron was superb, why couln't he play like that for Man U!? :dissappointed:

England, what happened in the second half!!? Personally Owen wasn't in the game, Heskey out of position, Beckham wrecked, still at least they didn't lose!!

As for Germany being the only impressive superpower, you forget Brazil still have to play, they play tomorrow, and Spain were pretty good today!!!

Well I didn't see Spain play today so I don't know, but I'll take your word for it. Looking forward to seeing Brazil in action, wouldn't suprise me if they're a bit shit as well though.

As for England today, I dunno what to say. THe second half was just horrible to watch.

Well also Italy have to play, they play today, then all of the big guns would have played!!

Brazil will find it hard against Turkey.

As for England, i think Sven will go for Dyer on the left, and Heskey and Owen up front, that works!!!

Ireland have to play the Germans on wednesday, it will be very hard, but on Irelands 2nd half performance i think we can get a result if we play the same!!

"Mick McCarthy doesn't send players home, but if he did, they'd probably be the best in the world!" Carlsberg

Brazil beat Turkey today SoF, but it was by a dodgy penalty. The Turks didn't look bad, at times they outskilled the Brazilians, but as an attacking force, Brazil will be hard to stop. They've won what was probably thei toughest group match and should have no problems topping their group now.

Italy, Germany, Spain and Argentina are looking good, this should be one of the most contested World Cups in a while with some upsets in the group games, and most matches close enough to go either way.

Oh, and COME ON IRELAND!!!

Vive Le France! Vive Le France!

HAHAHAHAHAH. I am sooo laughing my ass off.

England are definitley feeling it. Too many injuries.

Now my #1 and #2 rated (and #3 and #1 liked) teams are playing on Friday... England VS Argentina. It seems like every four years the Falklands war comes back to haunt us.

Yes!! We did it we got a point against the Krauts!!! You may have won three world cups but you lost two world wars!!!

Come on you boys in green!!!

604856338.jpg

Ireland's Robbie Keane celebrates after scoring against Germany in their Group E match at the World Cup Finals in Ibaraki June 5, 2002. Keane scored an equaliser deep into injury time to keep Ireland's World Cup hopes still alive in a 1-1 draw with Germany on Wednesday

Oh and two of my three surprise packages won!! so 66% is pretty good going!!

Yeah you guys should be happy you beat Portugal, who finished second in the European Championships in 2000. On their day they're great!!

Well England have a tough one tomorrow, will see what happens there!!

COME ON IRELAND!! We only need to score 2 goals against the Saudi's and we go through!!

Very surprised about the lack of enthusiasm too, Portugal have the players and ability to win the Cup, and you guys took em down!

Still buzzing from the latest of late goals that puts Ireland a cunthair from the next round, what a fucking goal!!

England-Argentina should be a great match especially since England NEED a result to have any real chance of progression, me and SoF are off to the pub in half an hour to watch it.

What a turnaround for England, note my last post - "England NEED a result to have any real chance of progression"!!

Funny how the two favorites' chances of getting to the next round are tough. Argentina need to beat an in-form Sweden to ensure getting thru, France need to beat Denmark by 2 clear goals to get thru as well. Not that this is undoable, it's just unexpected to see em struggle.

England and Ireland have easier prospects, England need a draw against Nigeria and Ireland need to beat the Saudis by 2 goals to book their last 16 spots.

An England - Ireland final? I'll drink to that (but then I'd drink to anything)!!! :wineo:

On todays showing Argentina were very ordinary!! Not a world cup winning team!

But having watched the Nigeria, Sweden highlights, it would seem that it'll be hard to get a result there, although all England really need is a draw, but Nigeria will be playing for pride. They'll want at least one scalp!!

Well England - Ireland final, it might happen, but i doubt it seriously!! I'd say that you'd get insane odds at the bookies for that tho!?

AV, when you are selected to play for the Republic of Ireland, you undergo an intense "Mental Conditioning" program, where they are taught to despise the English national team!!

Any way the current squad

Given - Donegal Ireland

Harte - Drogheda Ireland

Breen - Dublin

Staunton - Dundalk

Kelly - Drogheda

Kinsella - Dublin

Quinn - Dublin

Cunningham - Dublin

Robbie Keane - Dublin

Duff - Dublin

Richard Dunne - Dublin

Kiely - Dublin

So that kinda shits on your theory!!

Point taken...

But then I qualify to play for the republic.

but then, only 12 out of 23 in the squad!!!!

But we do have Owen Hargraves, the only England player NEVER to have played club football in the UK at ANY level.

Born in Canadia, plays in Germany

We've only 22 in the squad, Roy Keane (Cork) woulda been another. Alan Kelly, I don't think he was born in Ireland but his father is a former Irish international  goalkeeper. Oh and Steve Finnan was born in Limerick.

And England can keep Kevin Kilbane, so that makes 15/22!