Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Bar: outside the forum

The NZA

Do you check the other pages on Hondo's?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, i guess our formats cant be that different - theyre free, right? only prolbem they might have is that IPB keeps us with the newest versions but i dont think the layout (post-wise) is any different from yours....ill check it out.

the resources i use are Invisionize.com (great mods/skin page) and IPBeyond but that one's run by invision themselves, you gotta be licensesed to get in - most skins there are on invisionize tho. Im sitting on a cool military camo one that im thinking of using in vidoe games or something...

anyway, props again on the new look, still wish i could get some of my banners more fitted/centered like yours are. i mean, even the one def made for our forum's mainpage isnt aligned the best.

and yeah, chats go in phases, but what do you guys use when you do use one? portal or an outside site?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We use portal. Invisionize probably have some really high classed goodies. Invisionfree do have some really good custom content though. Created by big shot members.

As for the banners.. I just used the same size for every single one. Your banners are actually ... something though. Mine are just text, and the color of the banner background the skin has as default.

Ah, that Hondo's History ala Jax is good times. I can't decide which line I like better, it's either "With old age, The Nick the Draconian has calmed down, finding a deeper satisfaction is a thinly veiled shroud of faux-objective mediation" or "it is widely accepted in the scientific community that the only thing keeping Hondo's from falling apart at the seams is the pillar of strength known as Jax's Sexiness. It is like the Hondo's equivalent of the healing power of Jesus times Sunshine to the one billionth power, only better."

• 3 weeks later...
Ive really gotta do something one day about the photo/image gallery page - i love that shit, but its horrendous, just a ton of images almost randomly dumped on a blank white page, assualting the bandwith of the 3 or 4 of you that look there. Ive been thinking of at least learning how to thumbnail shit, or something similar - lemme know if you knwo about how this is done. And dont say "Dreamweaver" cause that program makes me cry.

:misty:

• 1 month later...

shit, ill do just that man, thanks! the first one uses flash to preview the images, right? not ot display them? im hoping theyre still right-click/saveable.

im gonna check these links, and possibly some sites for a free chat option as well.

Correct, the first one (which I've used on sites for some of my clients :blink:) let's you right-click and open the image in a new window. From there, you can save the image.

The second one, however, (which I use on my portfolio site) I'm not too sure about. I recall there being a setting to allow it, but I believe it was buggy when I tried it.

As for chats and whatnot...here's a good one:

http://www.userplane.com/

uh...HAY! so how's this Userplane work? i just sign up, put a string of code in, and get a free chat, IM, advanced search etc? what's the catch, do i get ads or get charged later, or...? you know anyone who's used it?

I haven't used it yet...it looks like they have a free version and paid version. I know at least one site that uses it (normalbobsmith.com), and it's working pretty well for them...I'm just not sure which version they're using over there.

It looks like the free version is free with no catch, it just has to run through their servers and can't be edited to the extent that the paid version can. I believe.

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

you know, id still kill a man - right in front of his own momma - to get our photo gallery thumbnailed.

anyway, for those keeping score, minor updates to:

-our front door

-History

-Links - now featuring more Boogie, StillB, MH & that place we bought our shirts from.

-Gatherings now features Oz invasion.

-Photo Gallery has odds & ends to really help slow down the page's awful load.

We still need a facebook page, but most other things got covered.

Archived