Hondo's Bar

Drunken Deities - the return!

The NZA

:D

First off Nick would never do something like this unless he has talked to us abuot it. This is a rather drastic move. Especially on your behalf Nick. We would of at least heard something about this before hand.

I don't like the skin for the forum home... :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow look what it took for me to make a post around here.

ALthough this has that blatant fishy April Fool's smell all over it - especially after what SuperEeyore said about Nick saying something first.

For those of you put off by the god theme though, you shouldn't take it the wrong way. I doubt Yahve is gonna be installing any prayer threads or anything like that. Last I remember he's a "millitant Agnostic."

Oh and if this is for real, the graphics are in dyer need of being revamped, but I guess that goes without saying.

I just think it would be an awesome idea for Nick to seriously do something crazy like this all of a sudden just in time for april 1st just to fuck with us. That would be a great april fools joke in itself, having all of us think the switch was an april fools joke.

I think lots of big unexpected decisions should happen on April 1st, it would result in mass anarchy!

If you feel intimidated by change and feel like running away, feel free. Evolution must take its course. Cool people believe in the community here and the joy will only get better. To everyone else, I'm not sorry to see ya go.

It has nothing to do with the change itself...I'm all for improvements or even just a new flair.....I'm not for narrow-mindedness and a tilted spin on everything...IC takes his stands on issues but he does it in a respectful way...I'm always interested in what he has to say and I can tell (or he is pretty good at foolin me!) that he's open to other views too....He seems to set the stage for others to do that too. That is half the fun of this place to me. IC wouldn't (hasn't since I've been here) make statements like the above....you are ALREADY making assumptions, not even half interested in what concerns may be, and it's ALREADY all about you...

The front page has a blog feel about ONE person....and the mood/attitude seems to have shifted. I do have a problem with the name..it is insulting to some and that alone should be enough to reconsider IF you truly care about the community. Not only that I think it's just lame....I don't want to hear endless mantras from a "militant agnostic" and see everything tilted in that direction....It's just not cool to me and not something I want to put any energy, effort, thought or time into....I know this place isn't a huge intellectual investment but it is a place where I've met cool people...to do that you have to be able to be yourself....Right now-doesn't look like these are options anymore.

I have had a really bad day and MAYBE I'm being overly pessimistic...I will stick it out for a couple more days..First to see if it's an April Fool's prank! (perhaps most importantly) and second to see if anyone can prove me wrong I guess (hope so!)..But if not, I think it's better to be honest about why/if I am leaving instead of just disappear.

1) I doubt this is an elaborate April Fools prank.

2) Yahve's good peeps, he's a good friend.

3) I've learned in life that running from your problems only makes them worse than if you worked with them.

It has nothing to do with the change itself...I'm all for improvements or even just a new flair.....I'm not for narrow-mindedness and a tilted spin on everything...

The front page has a blog feel about ONE person....and the mood/attitude seems to have shifted.  I do have a problem with the name..it is insulting to some and that alone should be enough to reconsider IF you truly care about the community.  Not only that I think it's just lame....I don't want to hear endless mantras from a "militant agnostic" and see everything tilted in that direction....

I second Kara and WhoDey.

I'm hoping this is April Fools shizz. But if it's not, I have a plan. (And no it doesn't include beating Yahve to a bloody pulp . . . yet, [i'm kidding . . . really].)

heh heh...couldnt quite make it till midnte, i guess...

:D :D April mothafuckin' fools! :D :D :D :D

Bwahaha...thanks for makin this damn near my all-time favorite thread (honestly, i almost got :pimp: )...i remember comin up with the idea for Hondo's Bar, at the pool with :D , just throwin around the idea of running with the theme KOS & SOF had from Preacher. When i first set it up, the 1st response i got was from Jumbie, and he crapped all over it...i really wasnt sure it'd take. Now, its turned into its own community, and im so happy to see love for that here. :D

Props to Yahven for playing ball, even if it got him a wee bit more hate. I assure you, were back (until the next crash/prank/hacker etc), but i was being honest about some help: with academy (hopefully) on the horizon, i might be gone for a few months, at least, or not nearly as active anyway. A new version of the board, that im hopin to make it out before then, will allow me to name a co-admin to handle the day to day stuff, but more on that later.

Thanks to everyone for takin part...especially those of you who were had. I assure you, we're not goin anywhere. Damn, i wish Cap'n had been around to see this, he'dve had a coronary...

Also, a personal highlight for me was this logo from turncoat dante, which any original member can vouch, is worlds away from what we had back in the day. :D Christ, was that fun.

...but will they ever trust me again..? :pig::D

Archived