Hondo's Bar

Star Wars: Episode III

HA! Saw it before you all!!! I can't believe it came out over her before there(pesky time difference, eh?). I seem to remember there being a week's buffer between the U.S release & Oz release for the previous two. I guess the theory is preolly to combat cammers yeah? It would've been hard for it to suck, what with all the events, but i thought it was okay to pretty cool.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So..that was fun; best of the original trilogy, no doubt (i keep thinkin any kid watchin them in order's gonna be like "why do the graphics suck after 3?"). Thoughts...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

So yeah, other than a few qualms, really enjoyable fanboy shit, makes me wanna go see the original trilogy again too. Good to know Luke gets his bitch-like genes from his old man.

Thanks again to Jax for hookin it up. What'd the rest of you guys think?

Yeah, that Skywalker gene's got more whine per cubic mil than an Italian. Gimme a thought tho folks, ArNah's in the unique postion of having never seen a Star Wars movie(she asked what the odds of an Episode IV were of being made-BWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-Ain't she cute?), so I'm wondering whether to show her the movies sequentially or as everyone else has seen'em... It'd be an interesting perspective to say the least. But then one of the big secrets of the original Trilogy would be shot down straight up... Desicions decisions...

Awesome movie. Can;t wait to go see it again. Did everybody have a good time? Here at Regal Kendall Village they sat all the theatres early we were in our auditorium by 10pm...boooooring 2 hours, let me tell you. I should've taken a nap. Loved the costumes, loved the plot...

Best of the prequels but...

Other than that though...

Though I've not said as much about what I liked compared to what I disliked, I thought it was very good, just not great.

Was a whole lotta fun, but i was thinkin bout a few other things that kinda throw me off....

That said, it was good to see a return to some comedic elements where they were appropriate, and unline gungans, R2 is a hoot.

'Kay, just needed to figure out the spoiler thingy...

I did a wednesday midnight viewing but instead of coming here and raving about it I decided to do what nobody else in the theater would do after the show....have sex.

Anyways I loved it.

Great way to end the flicks.

That was pretty arbitrary. Also, the Fantastic Four trailer before that film had Jax swering the Thing's "Clobberin' time!" was your next "Puny Humans" for sure...

ps some of us had sex, damn you, just not tandem. If it was the busty filipino bukkake chick, i call bullshit till i see a pic of her, and then i cry and buy you a drink.

Dunno; you might wanna check the comic movie thread, im sure there's a general date in there. Im glad folks are excited about the FF flick, shame i cant share their enthsiasm. On Sith happening...

I feel late in the game here...

I saw it sunday. I thought it was a good movie...But I didn't think it was a great movie. Hayden Christensen or whatever his name is... I don't think he is that great of an actor. He clearly over acts when he is 'evil' once he gets the dark side in him, I cringed at his every line. He sounded like a cross between a drunk Keanu Reeves and the emporer in 'The Last Samuri'....or something... I think Obi Wan had the worst one liners too, "oooo safe landing ooo hehehe I'm a master jedi, great googily moogily" I don't quite get how Yoda can kick your ass and my ass without breaking a sweat... but needs his cane to walk? General Grevious... all of his moving body parts are mechanical, so there is no need for him to be panting at the end of every run that he does. And DAYUM... doesnt Nataile portmans lips make you want to slap your piece on her??? I know it isnt just me...and yes you straight nympho ladies out there would let her eat you out, don't lie. IS it me, or did the emporer take out those backup jedi's like they were nothing when Sammy Jackson showed up to arrest him?...but of course Sammy Jackson can fend him off for a little bit...why? because hes a bad ass mother fucker BITCH!

I liked the movie, thought it finally put alot of loose ends into place, but I also thing it jumped around way too much. It was an above average movie non the less.

Hayden Christensen or whatever his name is... I don't think he is that great of an actor. He clearly over acts when he is 'evil' once he gets the dark side in him, I cringed at his every line. He sounded like a cross between a drunk Keanu Reeves and the emporer in 'The Last Samuri'....or something...

Christensen is not a bad actor. He's actually a pretty good actor (check out Life As A House or Shattered Glass) and I wish these movies weren't giving him such a bad reputation when the likes of Keanu Reeves and Paul Walker and Orlando Bloom are still getting starring roles. Christensen is only a bad actor in Star Wars movies. As is Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman and Jimmy Smits and Liam Neeson and every other flesh-and-blood character on screen. Hell, it takes a real special kind of talent to make a Samuel L Jackson performance boring, and Lucas has it. When an ensemble of normally-great performers puts on such a bad performance I'm inclined to believe that the fault probably isn't with them.

I cant see viable arguement against Alec, tho its quite far from his best. McGregor and Neeson did the best with what they had, which is why i again say McGregor's final speech towards Hayden is the most soulful moment of the new trilogy.

Archived