Cz0lQw_UAAEF22_.jpg

Tracklisting

01. BRANCHES/BONES

02. DEAR WORLD,

03. SHE'S GONE AWAY

04. THE IDEA OF YOU

05. BURNING BRIGHT (FIELD ON FIRE)

Via Pitchfork

Trent Reznor worked with longtime collaborator and “now official bandmate” Atticus Ross on the EP. In a press release, Reznor stated, “It’s an unfriendly, fairly impenetrable record that we needed to make. “It’s an EP because that ended up being the proper length to tell that story.”

Reznor is also releasing a limited edition vinyl version of the 1999 NIN album The Fragile, containing 37 bonus tracks. The Fragile: Deviations 1 will be available on LP only, not digitally.

Reznor has also announced that he and art director John Crawdord are embarking on a reissue project, creating “definitive editions of all the major NIN releases on vinyl.” Broken, The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile are now available to pre-order.

Of the reissue series, Reznor said:

“We want to present the catalog as it was intended to be, with no compromises. That means a careful remastering of the audio from the original sources, a painstaking recreation of the artwork, pristine materials, some surprises and an insane attention to detail that you probably won't notice…but it matters to us. No extra bullshit and gimmicks – the 'real' records in their truest form.”

so, so hype! can't find Broken on vinyl for shit, this is fantastic

• 6 months later...

first of 3 upcoming EPs!

NEW EP: ADD VIOLENCE

01. LESS THAN

02. THE LOVERS

03. THIS ISN'T THE PLACE

04. NOT ANYMORE

05. THE BACKGROUND WORLD

From a newsletter:

FINALLY, DID YOU KNOW THERE’S A NEW TOP-SECRET NINE INCH NAILS EP THAT WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THE FIRST SHOWS WE DO THIS SUMMER? DID YOU KNOW NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS WAS THE FIRST PART OF A TRILOGY OF RELATED EPS THAT WILL BE RELEASED ABOUT 6-8 MONTHS APART? NOW YOU DO.

MORE INFORMATION ON THIS SHORTLY…

THANK YOU.

TRENT

• 5 months later...

So, I modified an old bit of code I wrote that generated text based on a library of other text. I originally used it for a H.P. Lovecraft twitter bot.

Anyway, here's 185 lines of randomly generated NIN lyrics. Some interesting stuff, some not so much. It's fun.

Edited by Stillbored

• 4 months later...

New Nine Inch Nails Album “Bad Witch” Out June 22nd

[IMG]

01. SHIT MIRROR
02. AHEAD OF OURSELVES
03. PLAY THE GODDAMNED PART
04. GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR
05. I'M NOT FROM THIS WORLD
06. OVER AND OUT

Preorder available at nin.com

Also a NA tour with The Jesus andMary Chain announced as well.

• Really Like 1

• 1 year later...

New NIN released out of nowhere again today! They dropped a follow up to 2008's GHOSTS I - IV.

GHOSTS V - VI

Released for free today. Hopefully a cool physical edition will hit at some point, but who knows? Download it for free on nin.com, check it out on youtube right now, and it'll hit the streaming platforms later today.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...