Hondo's Bar

Berserk

JunkerSeed

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihPs4BoDvo?fs=1&hl=es_ES"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihPs4BoDvo?fs=1&hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihPs4BoDvo?fs=1&hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The same that Nick posted but in YouTube for the lazy people....

That looked beautiful. Cant wait to see the Hawk of the Millennium Empire Arc animated.

Also, i didnt know that you liked Berserk Newt...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Berserk coming to the big screen

Back at the end of September, news broke of a brand-new Berserk project, but we were left in the dark as to what form it would take. Old school anime fans who have been dying to watch the further adventures of Guts will now be pleased to hear that the new project will take the form of an anime film to be released theatrically. Newtype's February issue reports that this will be a new adaptation of the story from the start. This film will be the start of a new project to adapt the entire manga.

The original Berserk anime lasted only 25 episodes, a paltry adaptation considering the manga is still running to this day at 35 volumes. A Dreamcast game continued the story but came nowhere near to completing it. I'm not sure how many films this new project might take if the manga has 35 volumes, but if old school fans actually turn out, this could become a very profitable new franchise. Maybe by the time they get towards the end, the manga might have finally finished!

:drool::wank:

• 5 months later...

PKMX0.jpg

T8k4e.jpg

Director is Toshiyuki Kubooka, Studio 4C is confirmed as the studio. The movie will be coming out in Japan in Jan 2012, distributed by Warner Brothers Japan.

please let this turn into volume 2 for the anime, we're like 2 volumes past the old one already, plenty of time to catch up at the rate we're going.

dammit...too many flashbacks! im really hoping we get most of the millennium arc in here. Skull Knight being there tells me it's likely not trying to follow the prior anime, but the last part shows the start of arc 2, so...fuck. animation looks great as well.

Kinda bad news everyone. So the three 'new' films that all these stills and trailers are from, apparently all three are only going to cover the Golden Age Arc. I couldn't find the original source I read it, but here's one saying basically the same thing.

So we waited all this time to see a shiny new anime that's basically a rehash of the original.... :pinch:

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like 2 weeks ago I got to see it and, surprise surprise, I really loved it. How they cut some very unimportant parts and got to the good stuff about it. The opening alone got me psyched, because seeing the skeleton knight, Schierke, and some scenes from the millenium falcon was a great way to get me waiting and hoping for whats coming.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Long time no see guys.

I know that I said I didnt want to see The Golden age again retold in the 3 movies, but gosh was I mistaken. Last night I watched The Battle for Doldrey and, like the first one, I loved it. Cutting a lot of subplot really makes Berserk more dynamic. And Im not saying that that stuff was superfluos (or how the hell is writen), just that its good thay the story is moving so fast towards the shit that we never got to see animated.

I loved the small cameo by Farnese and Serpico and Puck... All in all 5 out of 5 stars. I cant wait for the next one: The skull knight, The eclipse...

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
At the press conference on Saturday for the Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen III: Kōrin (Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent) movie's opening the previous day, director Toshiyuki Kubooka indicated that there is more in the works for Berserk beyond the current film trilogy. He told the audience,

We're currently moving to make [berserk] a saga project. But this is as much as I can say. It's a secret. It's really not at the stage I can say anything about it, but the project is in motion.

Actors Hiroaki Iwanaga (Guts), Takahiro Sakurai (Griffith), Toa Yukinari (Casca), and Kenta Miyake (Zodd) also attended the event, along with theme song director Susumu Hirasawa.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

Edited by Boogie

• 5 months later...

i dont recall Skull Knight warning him ahead of the feast in the manga but i could be forgetting it

shit was brutal, sad we didn't see the full black knight transformation at the end but more bummed if we don't finally go into the goddamn millennium arc

• 2 years later...

main_bg.jpg

Berserk Gets New Anime Project Featuring Guts as 'Black Swordsman'

'The first 2016 issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine (cover shown right) is announcing on Friday that a new anime adaptation project of Kentarou Miura's Berserk manga has been green-lit. NBC Universal will unveil the anime's first promotional video at its winter Comiket booth, which will run from December 29-31. The announcement did not note the format of the anime (TV, film, OAV, etc.).

Miura comments in the magazine that the anime project will depict Guts in his "Black Swordsman" appearance, which is only revealed in parts of the manga that go beyond any previously animated Berserk story, and is only briefly hinted at in the first and last episode of the 1997 television anime series.'

x1oPWDu.jpg

xYVK3dU.jpg