Hondo's Bar

Castlevania

The NZA

Which was your favorite Castlevania?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ok, so im reading: CV Rebirth is out on Wiiware (NA) right now, and it looks to be a remake of the GB one after all, but well received.

2wm18jr.jpg

everyone who's been on about wanting old-school, hard-ass Castlevania minus Iga's SOTN love/saves/RPG elements etc, here's your tank controls back, enjoy!

Legends is non canon, past that I think they all are.

Even... sigh... Judgement.

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Castlevania_Timeline

I think I'll cry now... fuck that game.

No thats not true its..... IMPOSSIBLE!

Ok if Judgement is official canon I will personally fly to Konami HQ in Japan and personally beat Iga to death with my copy of Castlevania Judgement.

hmm that cv remake looks good. I hope it is as hard as shit to beat like a real Castlevania game should be.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

...yeah. this is looking like a < $20 or B2G1 game for me.

i just picked up Portrait of Ruin, so that's all 3 of the DS titles for me, and it looks gorgeous on this XL screen. honestly, i adored Aria and will jump on the other one when it hits eship (dunno about Circle of the Moon cause bish is a huge fan and likes to pretend that didn't happen) but for this to the future of 2D vanias does kinda get me down a bit.

• 2 years later...

...having finally played Rondo of Blood (PCE), it's easily the best of the series. I still love SC IV but there's times i think Bloodlines is better, having revisited both.

anyway, having left Konami early this year, Igarashi teased this at the Mighty No 9 event at PAX recently:

A mighty mystery involving flyers from the Keiji Inafune panel. What does this mean to you?

2skhMvu.jpg

piGzsjB.png

FEEDME.gif

SHIT YES NEW IGAVANIA RIGHT INTO MY VEINS

but wait: Koji Igarashi puts independent 'dream game' on hold.

Koji Igarashi, who served as Co-Director on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, has put his “dream game,” and the game he knows his fans want, on hold. As a result, he’s taken a job at a mobile developer/publisher, and has struck a deal to eventually continue his project.

“It’s kind of an unusual agreement,” he told IGN. “I have a special carve-out that allows me to work with another publishing partner or find other routes to fund my dream game.”

114408-Fuck-Everything-gif-Imgur-fuck-nP75.gif

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

" rel="external nofollow">https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/playlists/2247156&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true">

so, the composer of the canceled Dreamcast CV game uploaded some of the OST! really cool stuff, thought i'd share

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I read it's a PS4 exclusive?  WTF?!

W/ Castlevania-Mania (I just made that up - patent-pending) about to hit the Switch HARD - w/ Simon Belmont and Richter in Smash Bros come December (just 2 freakin' months from now) - you'd think Konami would open it up...and place their product in a position that would maximize dough take-age.  Why lock out Nintendo...at THIS time?  With THIS game?

latest?cb=20111217043159

• 6 months later...

bummed about Rondo (and why not use adventure rebirth!?) too but yeah kid dracula in english after all these years is really cool!

so happy with bloodlines here and if it's true that there's more CV collections coming they may be spreading some of the greats around 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

:lush: so one of my new years resolutions this year was to finally finish the classic vanias, and i think i'm going all the way! granted, this anniversary collection has save/scum states, but ive long since accepted my status as a ninja dog 

finally finished CV1, and it only took like 30 years!  man, the 2nd phase of dracula isn't so bad with holy water, but it really does help keeping more health from the first one.  II and IV weren't so bad cause i'd done them in the day, III still intimidates me so i may finally try to finish Bloodlines first.  

don't know if ill bother with the gameboy ones, i mostly want what's here and to finally finish Rondo, honestly.  i imagine they've at least one more collection coming, but i can't wait to see what's there past that one and SOTN, given that we finally got Kid Dracula localized after all these years on this one. 

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Wow! 1