Hondo's Bar

Nintendo Wii

The NZA

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmnnn... It's going the exact same way as the DS. IfI didn't have the wonder of DS hindsight(i bought early and sold it çause there was nothing going on with it-much to my chagrine now) I'd prolly be trading this toward 360 games or a PS3. It's definitely a gimmick, but let's see ém do something with it. Less 3rd party and more stable originals.

Well, again, we just got Paper Mario and i personally love it, but im a fan of the series and it giong from RPG to platform has been really fun.

1st party-wise, youve got some great shit later this year, between Smash Bros (gonna be huge), Mario Strikers (soccer, online play), Super Mario Galaxy, Metriod 3 (i think i got delayed, tho?), Animal Crossing, Yoshi's Island, Mario Party 8-24, and sooner entries like Big Brain Academy and the Pokemon one.

so yeah, before you early adopt/early orphan, check out kotaku's list of upcoming Wii games, there's some good propreties there.

Paper Mario's due out her in August or something I believe, and like I say, the Wii's just gonna sit there with the rest of the Nintendos in the shadow of the 360 til Trauma Centre arrives. I've no doubt they're gonna put this to use but every title you've cited above is a party original, not 3rd party which is all we see down under at the moment. We really are the land that Nintendo(and Sony & Microsoft) forgot.

there's some good 3rd party on the way, via Resident Evil 4 (if you somehow havent played it), and Umbrella Chronicles, nevermind shit like Katamari down the road, and more to come (i hear its gonna be better later in the year as most developers started taking the Wii more seriously after seeing its sales, natch) but i dont follow...you dont get 1st part titles there till way later? 3rd party shows up faster than 1st or something? I mean, you got Zelda & such already, yes? Cooking Mama or wha?

Cooking mama's next week and it's got me curious. And the only independant titles out right now are Zelda, Red Steel, Wario and maybe a couple like that. Nothing big & independant yet. The Blackhand edition of the godfather had me curious until I saw the Don's edition for the PS3.

You got any kind of rental service down there? Casue ive heard good things about Godfather. Nothing else offa that list intersted you? RE4, Umbrella Chronicles, etc? Shit man, i even had fun with Elebits. I swear id burn Paper Mario for you if i could.

Only rental service I have is blockbuster, and it's limited at best. And yeah, Paper Mario's gonna be snapped up the second it arrives, as it is I'm waiting for Paper Mario for the GC to drop in price so I can give it a turn. As for the list of broken dreams you linked me to? I guess we'll all be partying and happy when Dubya looses the next election & games like Animal Crossing Wii & Wii Music are just being released Down Under.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so friday 25th saw the release of Super Mario Strikers : Charged in Europe.

The 1st Wii Game with online play.

I've bought it and its great, to me its a mix of the SNES classic of Fever Pitch Soccer, and Mario Kart.

Anyway, the online play system sucks, friend codes!!! Arrrgh nintendo sort it out.

Though i beat some punk 6-0 that was quite gratifying.

Will post a proper review when i've played it more!

Yeah, i second Jax's questions.

also, there was a report a while back that Nintendo was going to Gamespy to outscoure some of its online shit, but i dont recall exactly what...we're all hoping it does away with the friend codes too. We're showing it (gamestop) as coming out here 7/30, so we'll see, be cool to get a game going.