Hondo's Bar

Nintendo Wii

The NZA

Me and Aarty now have a Wii thanks to an early wedding present!! We got it with Wii Sports and Wii Fit! I couldn't find a Wii Fit thread, but it's surprisingly a lot harder than it looks on TV/youtube. We both got quite a workout from it and from Wii Sports. It's a lot of fun, and a great way to work out.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, man! We'll post our friend code as soon as we get one. Still no internets at our place yet, but we might take the Wii with us when we do the laundry at Aarty's folks place. (They has internets).

When we set it up, do we get free points? Thinking of getting an old NES or SNES game or two for kicks...

• 2 weeks later...
Have you ever played a game when you encounter a particularly challenging scene, and you had to repeat the encounter for like 10 times before you could move onto to the next stage? Well soon this will be a thing of the past for Nintendo Wii gamers.

This function is to cater for those casual gamers who tend to quit playing the game after encountering a difficult challenging scene. So instead of giving up and never completing the game, the gamer can now simply skip that particular scene.

The function will be introduce for both the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS, and the first game with this function will be New Super Mario Brothers Wii.

So if this turns out to be true Nintendo feels it needs to dumb down it's game for people who shouldn't be playing games in the first place.

So if this turns out to be true Nintendo feels it needs to dumb down it's game for people who shouldn't be playing games in the first place.

you mean this, then. again, i dont think its an awful idea as long as its optional - if someone, even a casual gamer, wants to get through the damn water dungeon, i say let em - and when nintendo eventually adds achievements next-gen or whatever, make sure they're disabled if this system's used.

• 8 years later...

heads-up:

March 26th, 2018 is the last day to add points to your account. Purchases with points already added can be made through January 30, 2019. Redownloads of previously purchased content can be made after this date (as well as Wii to Wii U system transfers), they have not yet announced when the download service will end, only that it will in the future. But yes, get your games downloaded and backed up and maybe practice reinstalling games to make sure you have everything right.

I got what I'd wanted off virtual console years ago, but wiiware has some gems: Castlevania & Contra Rebirth, Alien Crush Returns, Art Style series, Bomberman Blast, etc

Kotaku did a good write-up on what to check out!