Hondo's Bar

WoW

invisiblecola

(After a whole year of seclusion, Father steps out from the shadows)

I've been playing WoW as well. First I played as a Dwarf Paladin (level 48) named eisenritter on Bloodscalp. Then, when I would have to wait 5 minutes to login because the erver was full, I started a new character on Chromaggus, a Human paladin (level 39 at the time of this post) named Eideard.

It's fun, it's challenging, it's everything Final Fantasy wasn't. I don't even have to get pissed when I die now.

-Father

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(After a whole year of seclusion, Father steps out from the shadows)

I've been playing WoW as well. First I played as a Dwarf Paladin (level 48) named eisenritter on Bloodscalp. Then, when I would have to wait 5 minutes to login because the erver was full, I started a new character on Chromaggus, a Human paladin (level 39 at the time of this post) named Eideard.

It's fun, it's challenging, it's everything Final Fantasy wasn't. I don't even have to get pissed when I die now.

-Father

Woah look at you :P

-Father

Are you talking about FFXI? It was fun, but it sucked when you DEFINATELY had to group with people (sometimes I just like to play solo, and sometimes I don't like having to make new friends to play with lol), and then you couldn't teleport. AT ALL. grosssss.

And as for dying, it definately sucked! You lost XP, and had to start all over on whatever you were working on. Nothing makes you want to break your computer/PS2 more than gaining and losing and gaining and losing a level over a 24 hour period (sometimes I got so obsessed with it I would play it for a day straight!)

WoW is mostly certainly an amazing game. It's challenging yet not outragous.

I just had a thought: I know it would 'suck' having to start over from scratch, but I think it would be neat if all of the Hondo's crowd that played WoW started new characs on the same server. Horde or Alliance, it doesn't matter. We could flip a coin, or just go by majority rules as far as that's concerned.

Maybe we could also agree to be one race. or races that are close to eachother...

If it's an alliance charac, I've saved up tons-o-gold (er I say tons. It's a lot to me!) so I could pay the fee to start up a guild and get guild tabards and all that shit. Maybe it would get me motivated to play again! What does everyone think...?

I'm talking about creating new characters on a fairly new server (while it's still small so we can all create characs and such). on maybe a PVP/RP server. It's up to you guys.

not sure if alliance or horde yet, but again depending on majority of who wants what t hen we'll go with that I guess. :misty:

edit: you don't have to delete your current characters... you can create new characs on new servers while keeping your old ones.

Hmm... I'm not sure. I have a couple of characs so I'll go through and add up the hours at some point...

I haven't played in quite a few months, though.. Cj and I got WoW April 2005. Right now we're awaiting the expansion to come out :misty: oooh I'm excited!

Those are Blood Elves, actually. Formerly known as High Elves or the Highborne, they changed their name after the destruction of their home in northern Azeroth during the Third War. They're ancient descendants of the Night Elves and...god I'm a geek. I don't think the expansion focuses on them all that much, it just adds them as a playable race.

looking forard to them as well. Let me know which server we play on so I can reserve a name or tweo on it. If we playin' Horde I'll probably be a Blood Elf Warlock or Mage named Hemogoblin, if we play Alliance, I'll probably play a gnomish rogue named David, or Bling-Bling (so I call dibs on those names, bitches!).

This release date has been weird, and blizzard is staying true to form.

I prebought the game about a month ago, and was told that the release was in August. Then they told me that had pushed it UP to July...which is unheard of with Blizzard. But, before I could be shocked, they went back to their old ways and announced it would be released in October.

I'm not sure what the latest release date is. personally, i think they have a publicist who's dart board broke and is throwing the darts at a callendar: whereever it hits, there shall it be released.

Archived