Hondo's Bar

Sin City

Darth Fett

I have all three the movie was adapted/translated from, plus A Dame To Kill

For. Goos shit. Even though everything you saw on the screen was straight outta the books, not everything made it to the film, and there's alot of good stuff that's there for people who saw the movies.

Frank_Miller_-_Sin_City.jpg

another thread lost in the storm...

Cant say enough good about it, or more than the movie did anyway. Ive read everything up to the last series, "Hell & Back", which featured one book in color (im halfway through). Miller was doing noir when it wasnt cool no more.

The trades all got re-released after the film, of course, as did an interesting artbook. Again, personally, i think "That Yellow Bastard" is the best of the lot.

If you enjoy it, there's some good crime books out right now like Gotham Central and District X, and indie books like Stray Bullets, but not a whole lotta noir from what ive seen.

Rodriguez has a very elaborate DVD planned for the movie already. "We shot the full stories of the books, and I knew we could truncate it down, knowing that we weren't going to lose any scenes; eventually they would all be available for people to see. So the DVD will come out with the theatrical cut, and then there'll be a separate disc that's got the individual episodes separated with their own title card, and you can just watch The Big Fat Kill from beginning to end, the full cut. That's a single story, and then switch over and watch The Yellow Bastard and that's forty five minutes. It'll have all the material back in. So it'll be like the experience of picking up the book, where you pick up one story and you read it from beginning to end. And it'll have all the material in it. You can shuffle your own version of the movie and just watch them all separately… And then I'm gonna add on a twenty minute film school, probably for this one, cause there's so many things and I want another ten minute cooking school to be 'Sin City breakfast tacos'; which I'll make a home-made flour tortilla, and it's the best meal you can probably ever learn."

And then I'm gonna add on a twenty minute film school, probably for this one, cause there's so many things and I want another ten minute cooking school to be 'Sin City breakfast tacos'; which I'll make a home-made flour tortilla, and it's the best meal you can probably ever learn."

Rodriguez, man, you had me at "individual episodes separated with their own title card", you don't have to go and mess with it like that. :D

Thanx fo' the :D Nick. I'll be sure to hook up. An' if i ain't satisfied I'll come cut yo' face before I mangle this street talk anymore.

Hey man, in that case, leave Stray Bullets alone; Lapham has a fan base, but i personally dont dig what ive read, ceartinaly not enough to get cut over.

• 7 months later...
I want another ten minute cooking school to be 'Sin City breakfast tacos'; which I'll make a home-made flour tortilla, and it's the best meal you can probably ever learn."

I made both types on the DVD and they were pretty bland. I aughta make my way up to Troublemaker Studios and demand RR makes me one himself best meal ever like a fox.....

As for the books I really liked "Family Values" but yet it gets bicthed about more than John Byrne...well, maybe not that much. Who loves ya Byrnsie!

• 1 month later...

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Archived