Hondo's Bar

Dante answers...

dante

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Post 1.3: Wow, I'm a douche, but apparently I dodged the bullet and Arch was crowned in the last Hondie's. I'm finally gonna answer these. After over two YEARS!

How have you been?

What have you been up to?

Any chance you know where I can find a torrent to a copy of Oblivion soz I can burn it on a disc?

I've been good. Been working on my graphics, hopefully posting my portfolio on my website soon. But you can see it on my facebook account too. I am in the Hondosbar group.

Recently, I've been looking for a place on my own. I'm almost 30 and still live at home. It's past high time.

I recently picked up Oblivion on Steam, it came out on special for like 8 bucks with all the add-ons included, although right now I don't know how much it is. If you want to torrent it, I suggest using isohunt.com. It's the one I always default to when there is nothing on the newzbins.

Do you endorse the use of Hibiscus Flower in tea?

I've never actually heard of Hibiscus Flower in tea. But after a quick reading on Wikipedia on Hibiscus tea also called Roselle, I say, why not?

ONE PIECE. Y/N?

One Piece, Yes, if you can afford the dedication. I would watch it when it would come on (whenever I caught it). Lately, I've narrowed my anime watching to Naruto and Bleach. Even there I haven't caught up.

Why are you never here?

There's no real reason for this. It's not like I'm cheating on you guys with other forums. It just happens that way. Even when Nick was living close-by, I would still show up very randomly. Honestly, I'm mostly watching facebook nowadays, and I invite everyone to add me to their friends list. Of course, I'm not on so often that I know all your real names so make sure to mention them to me when you do request to be my fwiend.

Follow up question-do you hate us thst much? :sarcasm:

No reason to hate anyone. No one has argued me off the forums or anything like that, not that I'd let something as petty as that make me leave. But I said, I'd try to come around more and I haven't been. So that's why I say I'm a douche. I won't make that promise again. PM me or send me a msg on facebook. Those are the best avenues with me. I hardly IM anymore either :/

He brings up a good point.

WHERES OUR FUCKING HONDOS MAP? WE'RE STILL WAITING ON IT YOU KNOW!!!!!

I thought I could manage it, but it's a huge undertaking. I don't have the kind of coding prowess needed for it. I'm sorry to let you down. I have a lot more faith in my graphics than I do in my coding. If I ever do figure out how to make something as magical as what is needed I will. For right now, and if there's nothing already done, we can use this: http://maps.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=21670&topic=21676&answer=144347.

I'll talk to Nick about it.

DANTE HAD A QUESTION THREAD TOO?

Yes, I have certain knowledges and can speech with ways that gods are shameful of ways they speech cause I has good speech better.

Do you feel that with the numbering of posts and having panch make a thread, you're being forced to post rather than posting out of want?

Yeah. It certainly seems that way. But after the challenge is over we'll see what I do. Now, Panch never set a reward or punishment for this challenge, so I have no incentive to keep going. There's also that. So either pride or nostalgia is in control here.

I used to be an active member on these here boards. Let's see what happens.

Do you feel the inferno may be a tad over rated in the sense that both Purgatorio and Paradiso are both excellent books but not referred to nearly as often as Inferno is?

Insert "probably" into spaces where it sounds like I'm stating a fact, cause there's a lot of them here and I wouldn't want to wear out my p, r, o, b, a, l, and y keys.

Inferno was the sinner's guide. It basically gave people a moralistic cheat sheet, if you will. Commit suicide and you'll turn into a tree where harpies will scratch, claw, and tear your limbs right off of you for eternity....you don't wanna go there. heh.

Pugatorio and Paradiso were more tame in following the first. People were looking for the same depictions of those places from Inferno and found stuff to be a little tame.

Now, I can only speak in probably because I couldn't get past the halfway point of Pugatorio myself. I know, for shame. With a handle like Dante, you'd think I'd have read the triumvirate many times over. But I was one of those people all those years ago. I read Inferno and the depiction of Hell was amazing. But reading the others seemed more like a task than a joy.

On the upside, I think now I can sit down and finally go through Pug and Par with Dante, sans Virgil. I'll keep you posted.

• 4 weeks later...

While Mr. Gaiman is quite correct about George R.R. Martin not being my bitch, I am wondering when A Dance With Dragons will finally be published. Please divine the date that this will occur and share the answer.

While I am not familiar with the works of George R. R. Martin and I cannot see into the future the date of said publication is beyond my knowledge.

I have skimmed some websites and found that the date is seemingly far off and fans are getting upset. However, I offer this suggestion. Until this publication is published. I will recommend a series with which you can sit down and enjoy. It is from writer Glen Cook, and it is called the Black Company. The series begins with the first book of the same name. There's like 11 or 12 books in the series and two that I currently read which haven't been published yet.

I enjoyed the whole series and intend to read it again. I just haven't collected all the books yet.

Hopefully it can hold you over until A Dance With Dragons comes out.

Archived