Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Fundraiser

The NZA

So, I've updated our Sponsors page to e-panhandle emphasize our rent being due in the 2nd week of July. Though our remaining server space won't allow us to host your favorite mp3's anymore, your name will still go on the frontpage for the month of your choice, as well as other incentives I've yet to come up with.

Earlier this year, I unofficially designated La Lindsay as our Hondo's Treasurer, as I'm not the best with $, and I joked that she's anatomically more equipped to raise $ as well. Sadly, she took this job to heart, and has since vowed to sell her ovaries on the black market to help us get by. Aside ffrom $107 being a very lowball figure for the black market, I like LL, as well as her ovaries, presumably, and would hate to see her go this route (when asked if she'd settle for webcamming her room, she remarked "my dignity > my ovaries, and dante's the coolest guy at Sweet Valley High!", which I still dont fully understand, but I know it means she's serious.

Therefore, the theme of the Hondo's late 05 fundraiser is: save LL's ovaries. Give what you can, or she will. Thank you.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd be able to change AU$$ into benjamins at the bank yeah? When Alana & I send our care package to Eeyore we'll give a fiddy to give to you(which is only about $40US). Or pm me your address so i can send you useless aussie crap aswell.

$40 would be amazing.

Although I'm assuming "dollars" does not mean "dingo chips" over there, becuase i have to tell you, after the whole potatoe fiasco, LL is such a bitch about alternative currency.

Aw man, been meanin to see that!

Well, MH & Aarty did indeed come through, so between them and LL, we're only $47 shy of our goal. SOF & Nanno are regular donors as well, so if they manage $20, were down to a mere $27. Eeyore, lemme know what youre comfortable with (yeah, its easier for you to find LL on your lunch, i think, plus she's the treasurer now), and hopefully i can pick up the rest - tho i do apprecaite the offer Vagrant.

That was really quick, you guys are the best. :D Personally, all oddities aside, i think weve had very little downtime since we got moved over to a more solid server, and our company is now offering tech assistance via live chat, and soon to be 24-hour response as well. Between that and all the backups they do for us. i really cant ask for more from them. But almost every donor here is a frequent flyer with the helping-out, so think about it, and lemme know what else can be done to show you guys some love, besides which month you get frontpage recognition!

Last warning for Lindsay's ovaries:

Our rent was due today (7/7), so weve got from anywhere between tonight and the 11th to pay up, or risk getting locked out again...thing is, if I'm in class or somethin, you'll have to wait till im home, and daytime work hours are there for me to get us paid up & re-opened...id really like to avoid that if i can. If anyone else can help move along towards the last $47, that'd really help us out, and keep us open another six months (hopefully) uninterrupted, which id love to see. Anyway, if you cant get onto the site within the next day or two, i want everyone to know why, and that we'll work it out & make sure downtime is a minimum.

Thanks again to all our sponsors & patrons.

Aw, no way can we take double donations from you guys, that's too much. :2T:

SOF, Skeet, Eeyeore, anyone else who previously offered - anyone able to come up with it soon? I really hate to push it here, but honestly, we learned last time that they will lock us out....

Seriously, thanks you two, that leaves us at $12 and i think i can cover that off the next paycheck, hopefully. Ill talk to LL tomorrow to see if we can get paid up & not have any downtime...you guys are the best.

Archived