Hondo's Bar

Best Zombie Movie Poll

Which is the best zombie movie?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Shawn of the Dead, but of the movies listed 28 Days Later is my favorite. It's not a zombie movie though. The infected people are still alive, and they don't eat anyone - they are just really violent towards living things.

Also, I thought 28 Weeks Later was pretty great, but I know I'm a minority in that. But you all know in your heart if something of that magnitude were to happen, the US Army would be all over it, and eventually something would fall through the cracks.

I am not that educated with all of the zombie movies, and yes considering who I shack up with, I should be. However, I voted Zombieland. I can't get enough of the rules and twinkles. Second choice would have been Dawn of the Dead (remake).

I really like the first half or so of the Dawn of the Dead remake. It starts out excellent, it gets straight to the point. I will remember it fondly for that. About half way through I started to lose interest, and by the end I was pretty "meh".

Man, it sure does get goin with a bang though.

The TV news clips in the special features were pretty badass too.

I loved those special features. The news cast was great, as well as Andy's (the sniper across the way) story. I've always wanted a whole movie about a news channel covering a zombie outbreak. Pontypool was the closest it got to this, but I'd like to see a TV news type scenario.

Edited by axel_napalm

I loved both of the '28' movies, now I'm going to have to watch them again.

Seriously. If society were to fall apart because of a virus that acted like a quicker rabies, I'm 99 percent sure that's exactly what would happen. The part where the older girl is shoving pills down the younger girls throat before she was about to be raped, saying "Take this, it will make it hurt less" made me openly weep.

I really like the first half or so of the Dawn of the Dead remake. It starts out excellent, it gets straight to the point. I will remember it fondly for that. About half way through I started to lose interest, and by the end I was pretty "meh".

Man, it sure does get goin with a bang though.

The TV news clips in the special features were pretty badass too.

The first 15 min will go down in cinematic history as probably the most memorable zombie attack ever. His...aorta...and...jeez :(

There is an apparent sequel in the works on that 'Dawn' remake...

While we're on the topic of memorable zombie attacks, David's death in Shaun of the dead really messed with me when I first saw it. Night was my first zombie movie, but Shaun was my first hard R zombie movie. Seeing his stomach being ripped open so realistically tops my zombie moment list.

Edited by axel_napalm

Yup. Also, Day of the Dead is my favorite Romero zombie movie :)

Same here. I think it takes way more shit than it deserves.

I have a theory that critics were harsh on it because it was the first one that didn't have some apparent social commentary. I mean, Night is about racism, Dawn is about consumerism, Day is about...uh...the military industrial complex? I have no fucking idea. Land got back in the pattern by being blatantly about Bush era bullshit.

Edited by Thelogan

Day also took shit because it was supposed to be a lot more epic and grandiose than the others. Thousands of extras. It was supposed to be Romero's blockbuster. Obviously, the funding wasn't there and Romero just dialed it in. Pretty good for half-assed, huh? I fucking love that movie.

I have a theory that critics were harsh on it because it was the first one that didn't have some apparent social commentary.

More than likely. Though I maintain that the reason that Land and Diary of the Dead were so ham-handed with social commentary was just because that was the first time Romero ever actually tried to have some. He's said several times that the only reason he cast Duane Jones in Night was because he was the best actor going for the part and the character was never written as a black man, and anything I've seen on Dawn when someone gushes over the subtle social commentaries prevalent Romero just kinda goes, "Yeah... I sure am a genius (at this point I picture him scratching the back of his neck nervously)... hey here comes the pie fight scene!"

• 5 months later...