Hondo's Bar

Spider-man 3 Villain

Well?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really dont expect to see Doc Ock again, unless there's a sinister six movie or somethin....and wait, pete was rich?

Well mabey he wasn't rich, but in that first movie he did have a pretty swanky apartment. Now that I remember his apartment in the sequel was the asshole of hell so I guess they addressed that issue.

• 11 months later...

Bringing back this thread in light of the new trailer and recent announcements.

Spider-man 3 will have four villains in it. Marvel and the trailer have confirmed Venom, Sandman and a new Green Goblin

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
. It's been stated that Sandman will be the main villain, with the other three performing supporting roles at best (how they fit the Green Goblin, the symbiote and a big Sandman story in one movie will be interesting to see).

So, who's the fourth villain gonna be.

Odds are on the Lizard or Man-Wolf, since both characters are already established. Some sort of appearance of one of the Hobgoblins is also possible. Or perhaps it'll be a short introductory fight at the beginning between Spidey and some inconsequential villain that has nothing to do with the main plot. Shocker or Mysterio, perhaps? (an online interview removed from the web by Sony supposedly listed Bruce Campbell as playing Quentin Beck - coincidentally, it was also hinted that he was the one to play the role in the Spidey movie being shot in the Ultimate Spider-man comics)

Any guesses?

Mysterio'd be awesome, and it'd make total sense too for Bruce Campbell. Guy's gone from being WWF ref to doorman at a dodge theatre. If the guy's not obviously a loser can't hold down a job, he could be onto Parker & keeping tabs on him the best way he knows how- to be wherever Parker is. Fingers crossed there's at least one inconsequential villian fight though, god knows the boy needs it.

Yeah Pencil-Minge is a great idea for a villian, but you have to ask yourself what it'd do to the rating.

If some one could explain the context in which I said this, that would be super.

Oh on Mysterio, I saw an interview with Bruce Campbell on Attack of the Show on G4 (Yeah yeah yeah, shut the fuck up) where he said he'd be playing a slightly bigger role than in previous films. So I wouldnt rule out him being Mysterio at the beginning and getting his ass handed to him because Mysterio sucks (specially if it's the one from the Spider-Man 2 movie game)

OK, finally saw the trailer. Her's my take.

1) I saw it three times before I released the guy looking up that said "Parker!" was Topher Grace (Eddie Brock), and I watch alot of That 70's Show, so I should recognize him right away, but I didn't. That's good. I was dreading she's Eddie Brock and thinking 'When are Fez and Hyde going to go smoke out in the circle?' Fact is, I didn't put it together til I saw that Spidey was fighting the Symbiote in the bell tower (see point #2 for more) and that the guy sayign "Parker!" was in the same setting. Bravo on Topher not appearing to be "Eric."

2) Spider is fighting the symbiote in a chruch bell tower! That is straight out of the comics (issue #299, I think). Eddie Brock is in that church that Spidey kicks the Symbiote in using the Bell. This shows really loyalty to the story, and though obviously the origin of the symbiote will be changed (ain't gonna be no Secret Wars), this part seems very faithful.

3) Gwen looks dead-on, though she's not exactly a tough character to cast. I'm glad now that Mary-Jane know who Spider-Man is and they are together, they're not wasting any time getting to relationship troubles with them. The last thing I need is a movie where Peter has a pillar of emotional support in his life. The only people that know his secret identity should be a) dead, b) his enemy, or c) not on good terms with him.

4) I hope Sandman looks better by release. They have lots of time to improve him, but as of now, he doesn't even look better than the sandstorm mummy from The Mummy, and that movie is 7 years old.

All in all, I'm psyched, despite my better judgement saying 4 villians can't be good, btu then again, I still think they are shoting SP3 and SP4 back to back, and Black Cat and Vemon are really only being set up in this movie. Spidey will actually fight the goblin and Sandman in this one (with the symbiote on his costume) and will pave the way to have Black Cat and Vemon in the next.

I actuallly was one of the few people who had faith in Topher from the beginning, just because he usually plays a wimp doesnt mean he couldnt play someone creepy if he needed too, I think he'll do a good job cause I think he's a good actor, but that's just me apparantly.

Raimi's been quoted in the past saying that he really didn't like the character of Venom, so that and some things that have been said in interviews by Church suggests that if/when Venom appears, it won't be until the very end. Topher's Eddie Brock is meant to be more of a human antagonist for Pete, rather than a supervillain one...that's the rumor anyway. Raimi's also said that this movie would stray away from the comics much more than the previous two, so the bell tower scene might end up being a rare treat.

Though Black Cat was in early story drafts for Spidey 2, I haven't actually heard any mention of her character in this film. I doubt she'll be in it because Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy and Black Cat in one story...plus three supervillains and an alien symbiote - thaaat's really pushing it. Still, they've worked with incorporating the character before, and they've even made a short list of actresses (I've heard Eliza Dushku is one of the tops) so it's a possibility, I guess.

I'd love it if they were shooting 3 & 4 back to back, but so far the cast and crew have maintained that they're only signed on for three movies

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
if they spring a "To Be Continued" at the end and unveil a fourth film, that'd just be unlikely but very cool.

And I like the look of Sandman, I think he looks just like he does in the comics. I like him in sand form, anyway, I could live without the green, striped Blue's Clues shirt he wears otherwise.

I actuallly was one of the few people who had faith in Topher from the beginning, just because he usually plays a wimp doesnt mean he couldnt play someone creepy if he needed too, I think he'll do a good job cause I think he's a good actor, but that's just me apparantly.

I had faith he would do a good job, but when you see an actor in tv show you've seen for years, and they play a really believable character, it's hard to think they could play another character you're already familiar with (like Brock). It's nothign against his acting ability, it's just a fact. But it looks like it won't be an issue.

Anyway...why can't we have this movie NOW!?!

Does anybody have a link to this trailer that isnt a chick with a bunch of pencils in her twat, or quicktime? Is it anywhere in WMV format?

Ditto, no quicktime here at work...dammit, i wanna see it.

Archived