Hondo's Bar

Fantastic Four reviews

BigChief..... I LUV your ironman icon there... I've been lookin for that 1 animation rip for the longest time... X_X

But anyway as I watch Adam West make a jackass of himself on Family guy... Fantastic four was ok. They screwed up Doc Doom's story to friggin all ultimate apocolyptic oblivion but it was very enjoyable :loopy: The only truely noticable bad actor was whoever played Thing (that is if u even care, ..didnt... much ;) It was worth watching just for the Humantorch's special effects which were friggin awsome to da ultra maxatron :love: (so goooood) When he was flyin around the only thing Icould think about is "wow... so this is what they were tryin to portray all this time". But anywho, comic movies are meant to screw up stories unless its as classic as Batman so If your goin in with one of your favorite heros or villains being in this movie DO NOT go see this movie, sit home and be a loser for not wanting to enjoy yourself X-D. Overall I would wait for this movie to come out on dvd like i did with the hulk, however fantastic 4 was waaaaaaay bettaz :loopy: . Enjoy pplz :2T:

OK, saw it yesterday and I don't know where all the crappy reviews came from...but it wasnt all that bad. I would say it was an entertaining movie. A little too predictable, and too many expected one liners... but it was still an entertaining movie with some good special effects. Too many things were left unsaid...like "hey dr doom what are your abilities...ya know...since the rest of us were effected" but they just waited to find out the hard way. Out of 5 stars, I'd give it 3...not no 1 star like Mr oooo I know it all Ebert. As said in the Daily Show 'Back in Black' segment 'yea you tell him little girl, you tell him that he can go FUCk HIMSELF"..that was directed to Ebert....

For being a comic book movie there were a few things that kinda threw you off and said 'hey that wasnt needed' like when Chiklis/Thing gets done saving the fireman crew, his wife emerges out of the crowd (cuz she juuust happened to be on the very same bridge) and she takes off her wedding ring in disgust of how her husband looks now... WTF yea way to go, way to show how shallow someone can be. Anyways, it was a good movie, I was mostly entertained.

Oh and Nikoli, Doc Doom...wasnt too badly acted out, but needed some work. It never fails that the bad guy always ends up with the single most powerful...power. He was pretty cool though, will say that.

they left it very open ended for a sequel... now why would they do a thing like that?

his wife emerges out of the crowd (cuz she juuust happened to be on the very same bridge) and she takes off her wedding ring in disgust of how her husband looks now... WTF  yea way to go, way to show how shallow someone can be.

That's a pretty shitty thing to do...poor Thing :love:

Then again, maybe she was thinking of what the babies would look like.... :ill:

That's a pretty shitty thing to do...poor Thing :love:

Then again, maybe she was thinking of what the babies would look like.... :ill:

haha, nice, i am sure rock babies wouldnt mix well in elementary school.

course I doubt that she would want to 'drop a rock' either yea as in from her 'gina

• 2 weeks later...

Newtype just saw movie and Newtype liked it. Newtype found the Human Torch to be funny, and Newtype will someday make Jessica Alba his. oh, yes she will belong to Newtype someday. Newtype wants to know why Doom didn't talk in 3rd person like in the comics. This made Newtype fill with rage and its Richards fault. YOU HEAR ME IT'S ALL OF REED RICHARDS FAULT!!! MAY HE BURN IN HELL FOR (ahem) As Newtype was saying Jessica Alba will be his someday, but first Newtype needs to get rid of his acursed enemy REED RICHARDS!!!!!!

dr_doom.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Holy fucking crap did that suck! That was the worst modern superhero movie I've seen, by far. Who the fuck wrote this? Every scene was so horribly cookie cutter, I found it more entertaining to see how many sour patch candies I could stick in my mouth at the same time than pay attention. The characters might as well have walked into each scene saying "I'm establishing that we had a previous relationship" and "I'm establishing that my character is cocky/analytical/frustrated" And if that wasn't bad enough just about every line of dialogue had some terrible joke that tried desperately to tell us how their powers suit their personalities.... "Same old Reed, always stretching, reaching for the stars." "Gee Ben, you've always been a rock solid friend"

Anyways, the script is the most atrocious thing about it, but it's also mediocrely directed by the visionary that directed Taxi and Barbershop. I can't even say anything about the acting because no actor alive could sell this shit writing. The special effects were good, I guess, not that CGI really impresses me anymore.

So, basically don't watch this unless you have a hard on for CGI and hot, top 40 alternative rock soundtracks. If the only draw to this peice of crap is Jessica Alba's tits, I think an issue of maxim costs a few bucks less than a movie nowadays.

Doom was pretty fuckin awful, he wasn't even really doom untill the last 15 anticlimactic minutes. And then he was doom in costume alone. For the rest of the movie he's just some two dimensional pretty boy rich bad guy.

Seriously, I can't think of a superhero movie I like less. Hell, even the Shaq STEEL is entertaining in it's own way.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never come out of a superhero movie with a bigger feeling of apathy than with fantastic four. it was a "movie" i guess. it wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. jessica alba was in her undies for 2 seconds then there was some other stuff about powers and tight lycra suits...i wasn't really listening to be honest.

Archived