Hondo's Bar

Berserk

The NZA

i'm guessing he's reading some recent fan translated scans (likely band of the hawks, if they're still at it?)...i grabbed one a week or two back when i saw it online, haven't read it yet but damn, if we're finally moving forward i'll catch up soon!

Yep, 37 is the last one by Dark Horse, and before the can negotiate the rights for the 38th, it has to come out in Japan first. But is not out yet. Im guessing we are gonna see a japanese version by summer 2016, and if we are lucky an english release by the end of 2016, if not early 2017.

And yeah, i can wait that longer, i've been readin the chapters via mangafox. After volume 37 there have been 9 chapters (wich i think are enough for a new book release). And this latest chapters are a really fast read. Like 2 minutes per chapter. So, panch if you wanna get up to date, is going to take you about half hour. Its worthy man!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Alright Im balls deep into the manga now. It really is addicting.

shame about Judeau. Dude is seriously my favorite member of the Band

Kissanime/manga is a lifesaver

Also anime sidenote, anyone try watching the new one? Its so fucking ugly I just cant with it.

Edited by Axels

Oooh wee this book. Just when it tries to slow burn you BAM! Rape horse.

I love that this is basically The Evil Dead on bath salts. Guts is such a great character. Fucking beast like and crazy mentally resilient. But done in a believable way.

I'm also thankful for Puck being some form of levity. The way things tend to go though I expect sonething truly awful to happen to him later on. Im in the middle of the conviction arc with the fucked up torture priests. More thoughts to come!

So did you guys read the 83rd(?) chapter with The Idea of Evil? It wasnt included in the collection that Im reading. I read about it and how Miura thoughtit would restrict the story, so it basically isnt canon. Just wondering what the thoughts ob that were. I like the concept of it, but I can see how it could be restrictive and that it would kind of make certain events seem less significant somehow. Then again maybe this wouldnt be going on for a billion more chapters.

oh god yes, the souls games are directly influenced by berserk, it's a part of why i love em - i wish i could find it, i'd seen a thread elsewhere showing art & game settings, it was cool. monsters/etc have seen it since demons, i remember thinking the hunter's mark was slightly familiar, too.