Hondo's Bar

Best car chase scene

Which one?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The guy has good taste in chase scenes. I agree with him about Blues Brothers, dunno what you guys are talking about. The Transporter had a pretty good chase at the beginning but, sadly, that was it (disappointing considering the nature of the main character that there wasn't more - he was the Transporter, not Kick-Stuff-Man!). I agree that the mini cooper chase from The Bourne Identity is a great candidate for inclusion. The other two films had great visceral chases too, but the editing was probably a little too kinetic to be considered some of the best (though the final chase in Ultimatum was freakin' fantastic).

I'd also include the chase that introduced the world to James Bond's tricked out Aston Martin in Goldfinger.

Or the Batmobile/Batpod vs. semi truck scene in The Dark Knight.

Much as I generally can't stand Michael Bay, the guy knows how to stage some action scenes and I think the chase in Bad Boys II is one of the best.

Oh and another great Bond chase. Few Bond moments can top the one in Goldeneye when James decides to chase after the bad guy in a tank.

I'm gonna be honest, the chase in "To Live and Die in L.A." was pretty good but much like the movie itself it elicited a resounding "meh" from me. I still hold Duel, Bullit, Blues Brothers (when you wreck every fucking police car in the greater Chicago area it's worth a nod), the original Gone in 60 Seconds, and Bad Boys 2.

As much as I fucking hate Mike Bay the bad boys 2 chase. It was everything a chase should be.

I think once you find a way to wreck a boat in a high-speed car chase then you've just reached a certain level of awesome. :FHD: (though I think John McClane wins points for taking out a fighter jet with nothing but a pistol and a semi truck)

Archived