Hondo's Bar

MMO Discussions...

daytripper

Okay, I never thought this day will come but... FFXI seriously pissed me off and I never want to log in again. So my friend set me up on the 30-day trail of World of Warcraft. So far it's okay. Anyone knows of any new MMO's out on the horizon?

*EDITED: changed the title to better reflect the thread*

FFXI changed, alot. As far as WHM getting a new ability called divine veil around 30ish that allows them to use divine seal and make any healing spell a party effect spell. Samurai now have a LV50 spell that lets them recover a miss attack randomly. DRG have a 30ish ability spirit link that allows them to use HPO to heal the wyvern. ranged abilities were gimped that now factors teh distance and levels of the ranger to mob, resulting in weakened attacks (this is based on the 'sweet spot') and slow TP gain, which tamed the most potent DD in the game and killed the concept of a player subbing ranger.

(Ahem) WoW is the best one out there. Easy to use, great big world, zillions of fun quests, the ability to give up completely on idiots in your group and just go do things solo, somethin' for everyone. Admittedly I think Guild Wars has slightly better graphics, especially since they strive for photorealism, whereas WoW exagerrates things a bit, but it certainly looks better than SWG. :love:

ss0320.jpg

ss0307.jpg

ss0305.jpg

ss0300.jpg

ss0296.jpg

ss0293.jpg

Cj and I got WoW today... It's pretty intimidating. It'll take some getting used to, haha.

We got two copies of the game for $30.....total.

B/c we rock ha.

But Guild Wars really is top notch, specially the free bit is nice! and easy to use :love:

Hey if you guys happen to make characters on the Earthen Ring server, let me know. Bozie and I have a growing guild there, plenty of people who will help you get used to the game.

• 3 months later...

I thought I seen it all but this one takes the cake. Realize by looking at this you risk having your WoW MMO reality fudged and your head possibly can explode...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The wierdness of playing on a private server lol

Hey if you guys happen to make characters on the Earthen Ring server, let me know. Bozie and I have a growing guild there, plenty of people who will help you get used to the game.

I was thinking of creating a new character on a different server... What's your name(s) on Earthen Ring?

PS

who can't wait for the Burning Crusade Expansion??

mememe!

Hahah yeah we're all playing guess who for the new race on alliance side. Pretty disappointeted that the blood elves are the new horde race. I mean talk about a creativity fart. Besides the new starting area (there better be a new starting area made for them! If they start in Dalaran I'm personally mailing a bag of poo to bliz) there isnt much 'new' about adding blood elves. It just a skin mod of the original NE. Maybe thy will add that race the orcs originally hunted to near extinction on thier homeworld?

Anyways I'm on the Bloodscalp server (when I play on a official Bliz server) but lately I been exploring areas that came packaged in the game but never been implimented. I can add pics next post ^^

Actually I play a Alliance Druid on Bloodscalp, Gaean LV33 but I'm a guild called umm, ULF something or other. They aren't heavy on RP just a community group. And they are helpful. I just a loner I guess so I don't bother much :)

I play a couple of days on and off, especially since the hurricane. I don't want to become a hard-core full blown addict lol. Well here are the pics as I promised. PM me if you want the info on how to set it up (Only Hondo regulars. If you want a hack be resourceful and find a copy on your own :p).

Until I figure out how to make an image thumbnail, I guess we're stuck with the long image load time, hint hint!

This is a location in Dalaran, currently located just North of Hillsbrad Foothills. It is inside the magical dome barrier.

Old_hillsbrad_007.jpg

One of the buildings that is half out/half in contains a pathway that *may* lead to an instance or new area that is not in game yet.

Old_hillsbrad_008.jpg

The following are possible areas in the works or that has been scrubbed...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This mini area is actually in game, just not accessible to players (anymore since 1.4 patch from what I heard, before there were small 'tricks' you can do to get past the player barriers)

Welcome to Old Ironforge!

This may lead to instances in the future. I didn't take pics of the final pathways down (pretty bland stuff, I was trying to avoid being a tourist lol) but it ends with two paths that are blocked by un-targetable doors.

If you look closely at the bottom there is a small gray rectangle. This is in game on both sides (current 1.7.0) that can be opened from the throne room.

Old_IF_002.jpg

If you stand facing the Dwarven king between the two doors as soon as entering the high seat mini area, this is what is behind the door to your right...

Old_IF_003.jpg

And to the left...

Old_IF_001.jpg

I hope you enjoyed these pictures! Off I go again exploring in the name of boredoom!

I forgot to mention about MMO Radio, a station I used to listen to at work. Nice for all people that play MMO's. Lots of game reviews, industry news, sheduled events, and rock (well depending on the DJ but mostly good rock). Sorry if it sounds like I'm shamelessly plugging it, but honestly it good stuff, like butta' baby!

DISNEY ONLINE DEVELOPING 'PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN'

MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER INTERNET GAME

Follow-up to Disney's Toontown Online Will Feature Interactive Adventures Inspired by the Popular Pirates Theme Park Attraction and Franchise

North Hollywood, Calif. -April 26, 2005 -- Disney Online, part of the Walt Disney Internet Group, is developing a new massively multiplayer online role-playing game based on the popular theme park attraction and franchise "Pirates of the Caribbean." The game is slated to debut in summer 2006, coinciding with the theatrical premiere of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

"We've learned through our experience with Toontown that the market for massively multiplayer online role-playing games can indeed reach beyond traditional gamers," stated Ken Goldstein, EVP and managing director, Disney Online. "Pirates of the Caribbean is the perfect franchise for our second commercial effort in this arena. Fans of the movies and theme park attraction will be able to live their own unfolding pirate adventure through the game, including searching for lost treasures and battling numerous enemies on land and at sea."      more...

Probably something not something for hardcore PvP'ers to play, but for those of us with kids, lil' siblings, and evil monkeys in the closet that can appreciate a on line game and community, hell, it's Disney.

Archived