Hondo's Bar

Over There

dd_goodman01.jpg

So, Recue Me is incredible, The Shield is great (from what ive seen), and ive heard much good about Nip/Tuck...this is there next big drama, about the war in Iraq. Theyre hyping it a bit, and i'm interested in catching the first episode, which apparently comes out tomorrorw. I might not be around for it though, just wondering if anyone else was interested?

More on it here.

Hah...i know, that was my initial reaction to it to, but i bet you damn sure wouldve watched vietnam movies while that war was going.

...please dont read further into it, im just pointing out the lack of popularity here. Regardless, trailers made it look interesting, and id like to see how they handle the troops in the series, including the politics of it.

Nah, I'm just feeling liberal today. I actually love war films, so I'd probably dig the show. I just hope it's not all about the God-sent American crusaders and their brave quest to bring justice and order to the sand people. Put some prisoner torture and baby killing in there to give it a more balanced, realistic feel.

Again, given FX's look at other things - police via The Shield, fire post 9-11 etc - theyve pushed the envelope of dark charaterization & such further than any other hero-worship garbage ive seen, and ive been quite impressed, leading me to hope this'll have a deeper, more honest look as well. Time will tell, but i assure you, i'm lookin for the same things you are from this. Again, its why I love Rescue Me.

WOW...saw it last night, and I officially take back what I said about it glorifying the war. I was on the edge of my seat through the whole exploding car thing...What did everyone else think?

Come on, I'm the skeptic here, and I'm the only one who watched it?

Archived