Hondo's Bar

Firefly

Truth be told, I didn't know about the Tam Sessions until after I'd seen Serenity. I know, I know, my rabid fanatacism is faltering. It was interesting to watch the sessions in chronological order and see the gradual decline of River's sanity. It's painful to see this bright, vibrant, intelligent girl become the broken, damaged, echo of a human being that we meet in the series/movie. This was pretty extensive for a "viral campaign" but it did exactly what it intended, in that it got people talking and whet the appetites of those that caught it.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The greatest show ever cancelled. If Joss had put this out on another network other that FOX say... SciFi (I know they show the reruns). Or if it had come out in this geek friendly TV time (Heroes, Lost) it would have soared! Everyone I lend the series boxset to asks the same thing... How could cancel this!

I hope they make another 2 movies, but if you watch the movie, and listen to Joss' recent comments, it soulds like the movie was the end, not the beginning.

Although I must admit, I like when I here when of the new roles from the Serenity cast (Nathan Fillion in Drive for example) fails. It not that I want them to fail, It just that great now he is free to make another Serenity or Firefly TV or movie. Selfish I know.

BROWNCOATS NEVER SURRENDER!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So for a couple months now I've been telling every Browncoat I know to buy the special edition Serenity dvd. See, here's how it works. Firefly was a canceled tv show that managed to get a feature film based solely on the sales of its dvd. The film didn't do so well but the dvd flew off the shelf so fast that Universal decided it would be worth their while to produce a new two disc special edition. So what happens when the special edition starts flying off the shelves?

God, do I love being right all the time.

In a recent interview Alan Tudyk has stated that thanks to the high sales of Serenity: Special Edition, Universal execs are talking seriously about producing a sequel. Not another dvd. Not a spin off. Not a comic book. Serenity 2.

Now, no production has started and no greenlight has been given yet, but the idea of a Serenity sequel was a near-impossible glimmer of a pipe dream two months ago, and now it's on the table. Universal needs to be certain that investing money into a feature length sequel would be a good investment, they need to see that they'll easily make their money back on dvd. They will be watching the sales of that special edition very closely right now. So if you're a Browncoat and you haven't picked it up yet, go get it. Now. Not only will you be getting Serenity with some cool new bonus features and a kickass package, you may just be helping to pay for Serenity 2.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20071004_ser...a_new_hope.html

Good lad!

For those who don't feel like going back a page for the news:

So for a couple months now I've been telling every Browncoat I know to buy the special edition Serenity dvd. See, here's how it works. Firefly was a canceled tv show that managed to get a feature film based solely on the sales of its dvd. The film didn't do so well but the dvd flew off the shelf so fast that Universal decided it would be worth their while to produce a new two disc special edition. So what happens when the special edition starts flying off the shelves?

God, do I love being right all the time.

In a recent interview Alan Tudyk has stated that thanks to the high sales of Serenity: Special Edition, Universal execs are talking seriously about producing a sequel. Not another dvd. Not a spin off. Not a comic book. Serenity 2.

Now, no production has started and no greenlight has been given yet, but the idea of a Serenity sequel was a near-impossible glimmer of a pipe dream two months ago, and now it's on the table. Universal needs to be certain that investing money into a feature length sequel would be a good investment, they need to see that they'll easily make their money back on dvd. They will be watching the sales of that special edition very closely right now. So if you're a Browncoat and you haven't picked it up yet, go get it. Now. Not only will you be getting Serenity with some cool new bonus features and a kickass package, you may just be helping to pay for Serenity 2.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20071004_ser...a_new_hope.html