Hondo's Bar

Xenosaga 3 announced for PS2!

bishopcruz

Taken from gamesarefun.com

These aren't quite scans if you couldn't already tell, but they'll have to do until better versions come along. First some details on Xenosaga III: Thus Spoke Zaratharus:

· The series will be concluded with this title

· The same cast from previous titles returns

· A new character illustrator will be providing the art, as you can see from the pictures

· The plot takes place one year after Xenosaga II

· Zohar Emulators will make a return

· Mech battles will have more mechs, more attacks, and better looking attacks

· There will be a dialogue tree system for talking to people on the field screen

· There will be more ES units

01.jpg

02.jpg

Xenosaga I + II, for the Nintendo DS info:

· If you can't tell from the screenshots, the title appears to be largely 2D

· The title is apparently being made to prepare people for Xenosaga Episode III.

· The battle system will be based on Episode I's battle engine with a "PF System" added.

· Some cutscenes will apparently be recreated using the in-game engine while others will use an FMV format of some kind.

01.jpg

Looking pretty cool haven't finished Xenosaga 2 yet, but I do enjoy the series, nowhere near as good as Xenogears, but it's hard to top that. Still I like the new character designs as they look more in the vein of Xenogears, and is it me or does Shion get less clothing each game. Personally I love the idea of dialogue trees, I think JRPGs have needed them for quite some time.

The remake looks cute, very Xenogears-ish, so if it plays at all like it it could also be one to pick up.

you had me at "taken from" :)

· The series will be concluded with this title

:fuming: how so?! what happened to VI chapters, with Gears being V? dammit....i was really hoping theyd connect them, somehow, quasi-legally.... :)

Nov. 19th, dear bishop, i intend to jack a PS2 and Xeno II, for about a week. If you volunteer yours, you get my love, admiration, and about a dollar. Think it over.

"Thus Spoke Zaratharus"? The hell? It's Zarathustra people...bone up on your Nietzsche! :birf2:

I dunno...I liked Ep.1 but it took them so long to come out with a sequel that I kinda lost interest. If this turns out to be good though, I'll have to score a copy of Ep.2 first.

No word on a release date, huh?

Edited by whiterasta

Yeah, bear in mind the translation sometimes comes out like that at first..."The Will To Power" (Ch. II) sounded funky at first, as well. Fuck, i love nietzsche + RPG's.

I guess i thought the wait from part 1 to 2 was about right, being that i recall the catridge 16-bit days where several years wasnt so bad. Then again, ive still yet to play 2.

I cant find a date either, but im guessing saying "not by '05" is safe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Part 2 could have been fun and it did have a great stroy but the problem with the game was it has to many problems which kept it from selling or making fun. The combat was sloppy. I mean KOS-MOS is a badass yet she can't take out a run of the mill monster or a human. Boss fights were cheap and can only be won by combos and it didn't help you couldn't buy weapons,armor, or items. If not for the story I wouldn't play Xenosaga 2 ever.

• 7 years later...