Hondo's Bar

Serenity

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serenity in 2000 words! Very funny.  And true, too.

Hah! Great link, Lycaon. Indeed, pretty accurate. I just love the "FANS SEEING THIS AGAIN BECAUSE JOSS WHEDON IS OUR MASTER: Whedon, you bastard!" That shit cracked me up, because, well, I was saying the same ruttin' thing.

Any of you into listening to podcasts can pick up The Signal through the iTunes music store or online at www.serenityfirefly.com - It started back in June and has gone through 13 episodes. Generally last about an hour in length and carries like a radio talk show, discussing different elements of the show, podcasting interviews with the cast and crew, highlighting music and dialog from the show and the movie, and even has a section that teaches you a phrase a week from the chinese dialect of the show. For example today I learned "jen duh sh tyen tsai", which means "An absolute genius", featured in The Train Job (Kaylee uses it to describe Mal and his plan to rob the train). It's entertaining and engaging and took up very little space on my iPod, and doens't take but about 1/2 hr to download all the episodes through the iTunes music store (if you use 4.9 or above - the version that recently started supporting podcasting.) Definitely check it out!

>can't stop the signal...

...which tells me it can expect a lotta DVD love, i know my ass cant wait on it. I still intend to see it a 2nd time in the next week or two - again, i havent had that much fun with a movie in a long, long time.

so, if sales dont convince Universal for more movies, what about Fox's rights to the TV series? Can this genereate revenue/interest to take the property to Sci-Fi channel or someone?

• 3 weeks later...

B000BW7QWW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

# DVD Features:

* Available Subtitles: English, Spanish, French

* Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 5.1)

* Commentary by: Writer/Director Joss WhedonDolby Digital 5.1

* Deleted scenes and outtakes

* Future History: The Story of Earth That Was

* What's in a Firefly

* Re-Lighting the Firefly

* Joss Whedon Introduction

No super special edition director's cut or anything, but fuck it, I'll be there buying it first-thing Tuesday morning.

:2T: i was already sold....12/20 it is.  $50 for this + Firefly from Amazon, sounds like a good deal!

I was just saying to DJ that there should be a whole Serenity/FF package on Amazon, where you get the Serenity DVD and soundtrack, the Firefly DVD set and soundtrack (available tuesday 11/8 - woo!), the RPG, the comic series, and the companion books, for like... 150 bucks.

it's not playing anywhere in miami.  :)

my mom will have to wait for the dvd.

Yeah, last wekk it was only in Town and Country and for 2 showings, I was it for the fourth time on thurs with a friend who hadn't seen Firefly, he loved it, and wants to see the series now.

It got pulled from theaters qith a quickness though. But what'cha gonna do? At least I can say AI caught the last theater showing in the city.

Edited by bishopcruz

• 4 weeks later...

Serenity 2...straight to TV

Sounds like there’s enough spacedust to sprinkle on the wonky old galactic transporter yet.

Despite some disappointing box office figures – it didn’t do too bad, but disappointing performances in some countries led to others cancelling its theatrical outing altogether – the brilliant “Serenity” looks set to spawn a sequel.

That’s the good news. The bad news? It won’t be in 35mm.

According to IGN FilmForce, Joss Whedon’s space-serial might continue as a telemovie series, with “Serenity 2” going straight to the tube – the SciFi Channel, in fact. The SciFi Channel is part of the NBC Universal family.

Though Joss Whedon’s camp – that’s his camp, not the man himself…yet – has denied that a plan for a lower-budget telemovie sequel is in the works, it’s still possible that there is something simmering away here.

And yes folks, they would have to have Whedon’s approval if they were to do it, even if he didn’t helm it (Just like the “Buffy” film sequel they wanted to do that would’ve starred Kristy Swanson again – and also, the new “Buffy” TV show that they tried to do ‘without’ Captain Tightpants’s pop).

Now, I could be wrong, but this sounds like all speculation and no sources to speak of, but it's exciting nonetheless. Straight to TV's a shame, cause Serenity was a blast on the big screen, but I would watch it if they did it on Podcast only, and I'd go out and buy the new iPod to watch it with.

Serenity 2...straight to TV

Now, I could be wrong, but this sounds like all speculation and no sources to speak of, but it's exciting nonetheless. Straight to TV's a shame, cause Serenity was a blast on the big screen, but I would watch it if they did it on Podcast only, and I'd go out and buy the new iPod to watch it with.

Well if they're gonna go that far, they might as well just buy up Firefly and restart the series!

Now, I could be wrong, but this sounds like all speculation and no sources to speak of, but it's exciting nonetheless. Straight to TV's a shame, cause Serenity was a blast on the big screen

I dunno. As much as I loved Serenity, I think it kinda works best when it's lower-budget. I'd much rather see more Firefly on tv than another movie.

• 3 weeks later...

Well got the DVD, have only seen the deleted scenes so far but pretty good.

Some of those really should have been in the movie IMO:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Prolly post more as I get into the other stuff.

I still maintain that Serenity/Firefly could get some new life based on dvd sales alone (Serenity is the top-selling dvd on Amazon right now. Firefly, which has almost always been in the top ten since its release, is number five). My Best Buy - in my experience - opens at 10:30am on the weekdays. On Tuesday, the day the dvd came out, I went there to do some Christmas shopping. I got there at 10:45 and only just managed to grab the last Serenity dvd on the store floor. Whether it be a theatrical sequel, a TV movie or a whole new series, I don't think seeing more of the Serenity crew is just a pipe dream.

By the way, bishop, watch the gag reel :embarassed:

Edited by Silent Bob

I still maintain that Serenity/Firefly could get some new life based on dvd sales alone (Serenity is the top-selling dvd on Amazon right now. Firefly, which has almost always been in the top ten since its release, is number five). My Best Buy - in my experience - opens at 10:30am on the weekdays. On Tuesday, the day the dvd came out, I went there to do some Christmas shopping. I got there at 10:45 and only just managed to grab the last Serenity dvd on the store floor. Whether it be a theatrical sequel, a TV movie or a whole new series, I don't think seeing more of the Serenity crew is just a pipe dream.

By the way, bishop, watch the gag reel :embarassed:

heh great but not as good as:

• 2 weeks later...