Hondo's Bar

That just ain't right...

Lycaon

"Jesus was a crpenter and now he's a powertool!"

:bananaman: HOLY SHIT!! I love you Jont. I really do. NOW will you marry me? Now that I love you and I'm not using you for coveted Irish citizenship?

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of "toys" personally, but I think these are hilarious. Can't take things like this too seriously. It doesn't hurt anyone at all (unless used improperly, or...nevermind) and as for what it symbolizes? Well, I'm with Christy, God has a sense of humor. Besides, any way you can come by a "religious experience" is cool right?

If I can gather myself together long enough for a serious response for this. It's late so I might telegraph this slightly.

If Jackhammer Jesus is an insult to organised Religion, then which organisation? No one church? If the Catholic church own the rights then I hope they're collecting a licence fee. He means something to every Christian church, from Fred Phelps to the Reverend Run. And not just to the Christian churches, he's recognised in some way by Islam (to the best of my knowledge), Judaism and even at least one particularly silly sect of Buddhism. And it's just possible that he actually lived.

And thanks to a state sponsored Catholic education he's a part of my life too. He doesn't belong to anyone group, he belongs to all of us and if we want to stick an effigy of him up our ass, then we should have our fucking heads examined, but in principle why shouldn't we?

• 11 months later...
If I can gather myself together long enough for a serious response for this. It's late so I might telegraph this slightly.

If Jackhammer Jesus is an insult to organised Religion, then which organisation? No one church? If the Catholic church own the rights then I hope they're collecting a licence fee. He means something to every Christian church, from Fred Phelps to the Reverend Run. And not just to the Christian churches, he's recognised in some way by Islam (to the best of my knowledge), Judaism and even at least one particularly silly sect of Buddhism. And it's just possible that he actually lived.

And thanks to a state sponsored Catholic education he's a part of my life too. He doesn't belong to anyone group, he belongs to all of us and if we want to stick an effigy of him up our ass, then we should have our fucking heads examined, but in principle why shouldn't we?

i too owe a drink for showing respect to the great Reverend Run.

And now, nearly a year later I run back into this thread (when searching for threads about Phelps), and finally look up Reverend Run.

Ps. That "Jesus was a carpenter and now he's a powertool" bit? Still funny. :2T:

PPs. Still going to hell...

Archived