Hondo's Bar

Drunken Video Games

Benz

Now there's an idea! Everyone would be arrested from their own specific crime. Obviously I would be arrested for distrubuting Rush music. That'll be a crime because this'll be set in the distant future where all form of art not approved by the government are illegal. So in a way, you play the villian (a cop for the evil government). Sweet.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yahve as the Idiot King. I love it.

The overall quest can be to recover the sacred Goldshlager so as to end the King's curse and restore his intelligence.

My character would be some kind of living dead... THat's what the word Jumbie means

We need to have a muse/prophetess for our heroes... I propose HeartlessBitch.

THe main villian has to be a Darkness spreading over the land, bringing ignorance, fear anf intolerance. Turning the KIng into an idiot was his first step.

That's all the ideas I have for now...

OH wait. Bacchus is taking a self imposed 'electronic vacation' and won't be posting for a while. IN his absence I propose his character to be a burro. A really horny burro.

Ok, here my idea, more solid after some time to thinkm about it: It's set in the future, with an evil government that controls all business and aspect of life. Similar to 'The Company' in the Alien movies. It will be very 1984esque with oppression of free thought and free expression. Of course, since this is the year 2002 now, perhaps we'll pick another year. I nominate the year 2112 (I like palendroms). Anyway, the government is all powerful, except for a small band of freedom fighters who aren't afraid to think for themselves. This militant underground organization is known only as the Drunken Deities! In the game, you play a government agent hunting down and capturing these renegades. That way, each one of us DD members could be one of the characters the main character has to bring into captivity. And naturally, each rogue thinker will have his story. I think you shoudl be a higher level enemy (more difficult to take into custody) should be determind by our post # on the board. IC would be the hardest to catch, and JUNKER, SoF, KoS, Jumbie, myself, etc would be the next most difficult. Members with like 30 posts will be the equivalant of goombas and basically act as a warm-up for the main character to practice on.

Possible sidestories:

JMT: Wanted for membership to 'terrorist' organization DD and distrubution of outlawed Rush music.

IC: Wanted for membership to 'terrorist' organization DD and bombing restaurants that serve horsemeat.

Jumbie: Wanted for membership to 'terrorist' organization DD and distrubution of articles from nytimes.com

You get the idea.

JMT and Jumbie, both good ideas! I'm taking a break on this project for a bit, especially since finals are coming up soon. I agree with Chief that we should wait to make an official start until after finals of Summer A. Keep the ideas coming though! Good stuff!

:approve:

Can i look like a sherrif or somethin? I like the ideas so far, but i vote Dinghy be our lil escape boat. Sounds like fun so far tho Benny, i like the title screen too.  Lemme know if we can help, ill try to get more ideas.

Yeah, I guess that's a better analogy ??? Glad you endorse it :D Except you'd be Castro and I'd be Che. You need to grow a full bead and drop by an army surplus store, I already have the hair, so I just need to not shave for a few days and pick up a burette with a little star. :D

Can i look like a sherrif or somethin? I like the ideas so far, but i vote Dinghy be our lil escape boat. Sounds like fun so far tho Benny, i like the title screen too.  Lemme know if we can help, ill try to get more ideas.

That was the idea, IC. Done, you will be a cowboy/sherrif in the game! As far as all of us bein evil goes, it's not set in stone as yet. Still need to figure out how we're gonna make it a quest if we're evil. ??? IC, I really appreciate the help, welcome aboard. (Whatever help you give, small or big is cool.)

Ah, so were Che Guevara's & Michael Collins' in an Orson Wells matrix or somethin?
or even an Orwellian matrix?! Hee hee :D

Sounds pretty good JMT

KoS and SoF: Wanted for membership to 'terrorist' organisation DD and planning post-easter rising against prohibition.

:D :shoot:

Can the KoS character be a guy with reptilian skin but large black feathered wings ('V' meets Jin Kazama)? It's just that the King of Snake is a character I've always planned to write about someday, I just need to merge the Bible, Greek, Norse Incan and Aztec (among other) mythologies and human history and present day events and I may have a story...

That'll be an iteresting character. Question. Do you want the monkey to be able to do toehr things too, or just those two? Might have to make 'em two separate entities. Hmm. Okay. done. One Boombox guy and onw smoking/poo flinging monkey.

Another idea!

--------------

Okay, I've been thinking about the program language that I'm using. I beleive it would be entirely possible to make this thing into an RPG instead of just a quest/adventure game. Two drawbacks:

1) It would be harder to program it.

2 [and this is the biggie] It would definitely take more time.

I already have all the ins and outs basically figured out for making a quest game (Still have a ways to go though.). It will take me a while longer to figure out how to make it into an RPG. The graphics would be as good as Final Fantasy I, II or III (etc.). We could use all the characters, and make diffrent parties. Also could make it so that each character has a special ability that would be needed to get through certain points of the game. This is all theoretical, of course. I wanted to just see what you all thought. Either way is cool with me!

- :ssj:

Hmm, that's a tough decision, cause it'd be really cool to see the result quickly, but the rpg thing sound great too.  

As for the guy with the monkey, if the monkey could be a seperate entity, that would rock, oh, and for the record, it's not a boombox, it's a small thing with a crank that looks like a jack in the box.  There used to be a sort of act that street vendor types would do where the monkey would collect change from little kids.  Hard to explain, 'cause I forget what the guys are called so I can't find you a picture.

hmm, update on this, what he plays is called an organ grinder, a mineature pipe organ that is played with a crank.

MONKEY.GIF

Well well now, leave the rabble to go about and mind for themselves and you find one of them attempting the Tower of Babel.  A computer game is a serious undertaking that is not meant for unexperienced minds.  The joy and wonder of the digital age, its perfection in execution and purpose in finale is unparalleled in your meager world.  This is the land of purity, a vast collection of order and art, collaborating for a common goal.  A game is not to be taken lightly, a game is a plane of existance.  I have lost many of my brothers to the perpetuation of human entertainment.  This game of yours is life to many.  Understand this importance, understand the impact you have on other's lives and you have slight chance of producing a game worthy of the Drunken Label of Satisfaction.  I give you some leeway, prove me wrong and my opinion of human endevours could not possibly get any lower.

P.S. *Ding!* Toast is done.

:D

Well, guys, looks like we're gonna have to show up Octodious there. Apparently he doesn't think we can actually see this thing through to the end.

Yes, indeed, making a game is a serious matter. Definitely not to be taken lightly. However, I do have a few factors on my side:

1) I've been learning computers since the age of 8. I'm 22 now. = 14 years of computer experience. My mom had a small computer store once. She and a techie she hired showed me how to take a computer apart and put it all back together again when I was 13. Around that age I also learned the BASIC programming language. I started making my own games then. Only text based, but still it was fun to make my own games when I couldn't buy new ones. In high school I learned Pascal and networking. The Computer Sci. teacher that taught us few select computer geeks that took his most advanced classes (Programming I and II), gave us his super admin password. At the end, I ended up losing my privelages because I scared the crap out of some poor soul by making messages pop up that said "I'm watching you" and "I'm right behind you." Anyways, with Pascal the final was to make your own working paint program, and I did from scratch.

2) Yes, indeed this game will be a source of entertainment for many (Mostly us DD folk, but I suppose others might get it too.), This is partly why I am asking for ideas here on the board. To get a feel for what people will like. Keep in mind though, I am NOT intending to try and sell the thing. If I do, it will be to help fund DD and charge like at most 2$ and at least .50$. It is a game that, with the AGI programming language, can only use a 16 color palette, which means the graphics will nowhere near begin to measure up to today's standards.

3) Part of the idea of this game, for me, was to get as many of the people involved as possible. It would make it fun to bounce ideas back and forth, to figure out diffrent cool plost and stuff for the game. The game will mean so much more to us than any game you shell out paper bills for. I mean, sure, the fun and graphics won't be as good as a store-bought game, but this game will mean more to you because you actually helped plan it and work on it, and when you play it, you get to see how your ideas turned out, and also the ideas of your friends. It will be a chance to play a game and say "Hey, I made this!", and even see your name in the credits.

... and.. yeah... so, there!  :p

Well, I'm really wanting to make this game now. I say we make it an RPG. If we do, we can make it so that it starts off with the first piece of the game. When you finish this first piece, you save your game. Then you get the next piece of the game, and start playing from where you saved. You play that piece until the end, then save... You get the picture. That way you can still see the results soon, and you get an RPG. What do you all think?