Hondo's Bar

Drunken Video Games

Benz

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sango - Yes.

Everyone else - I'll address your posts after I 'm done with my final tomorrow. Almost finished with the second dungeon. I'll have more time to post and work on it after the break. Basically whoever wants in is in. I'll be burning the copies with in the next few days (I think) and dropping them off with who ever is beta-testing. (Yahve, IC, please let me know if you want to do this.) Well, that's about it for now. Continue to post your requests, and I'll try my best to fit them in the game. Now I go sleep.  :D

Good Luck to everyone with finals.

Well, I've finished the first beta version, so now I'll be burning the CD for you guys to test. The second dungeon is in it, but it needs to be fleshed out, like the first one is. The second dungeon has 6 floors, 5 for the ginyu force, and the boss is Freeza. I did not include Cell nor Buu, because they would be too hard to fight at this point. Freeza's still pretty tough, and only becomes a bit easier if Benny's reached level 10, and you go Super Saiyan. (Gives a REASONABLE boost to stats. Enough to be cool, but not insaneo so that the game becomes to easy, or he is too far ahead of the other chars.)

What I wanna do now is flesh out the towns more, and now that the party is filled to the max 4 members, I gotta figure out some kind of call system like FF7. Shouldn't be too hard. After that, on to two other towns, work on the vehicle (a ship), and start on the third dungeon. How many dungeons should we have? I say at minimum, 10.

Well, for now, I'm off to bed.  :D

Actually JMT, I was thinking the exact opposite, our monkeys should hate eachother for some reason.  A monkey superiority complex I guess.  Don't want my monkey to be able to talk tho, so I guess my monkey would just growl at you and my char would constantly have to break you two up or something.

I just realized.... Everyone's making original characters...

I'm thinking of 3 options for me:

1) Keep my Vegita looking Super Saiyan

2) Make a quazi (hint-hint) -original character

3) Come up with something original.

Hmm.. maybe this would be a good poll. Actually I allready have plans for number 2 (big hint), so that option's out. Something for me to think about.

:cool:Alright! Well before I say what I want my charater to be like...I would like to comment on the name...I think that I don't like the super thing how about Drunken Fantasy I : Legand of the Gods(sorry thats me getting carried away) but for real how about Drunken Fantasy I? what do you guys think?

Well anyways its time :D

Name: Either Sango or Sayuri ( what ever you like best)

Look: Well, I don't know really I was thinking something along of yufie from final fantasy 7 with a little more like future wear...  or well if its possible here goes umm a red coat with no sleeves and a hood, one black glove,black boots, a black skirt, a white shirt with the letter X in black if it is possible...She would have long blue hair....  

Theme Music: I don't know what theme song but how about some thing techno.......

Weapon: a Katana and can she have a throw attack like you know throw bombs or those star this ninja's use or knives??? an has a defense she use her glove which glows green when attacked...and can the coat be used like and accessory to defend against attack that are like poison, confusion and stuff... I'm not sure on how detailed to be..If I'm being to detailed I'm sorry...I'm just writing based on my short live gaming experience...

Magic: Well I know that this is kind of unsual for someone that has a ninja style of fighting but I would like her to have magic...Like instead of magic it would be ninja styles or techniques like ninjitsu ( i think this is how you spell it) which its a form of hiding from you enemy...you know like she would disapper from the enemy and still be able to pull off one attack... and white magic would be preferable you know like cure and stuff the basics...okay my ideas are a little messed up let me clarify just in case...

can she have like to different option things like a Tech. option and a magic option??? And the techniques be learned as the game progresses...

Classes: I have no idea i was thinking maybe she should just keep her name...

Background: She is a future style ninja with a some traditional values... when she was young her family was killed by some gang leaders that turned into Youki... she was about to be killed when a man showed up and killed them... he later took her as an apprentice...She became his best disciple of the Haken style...Later on he was murdered by a Youki (which is like a demon type thing) that was disguised as a human...And her Master left her the Katana and the glove for protection...She journey's in order to find the demon leader and the truth behind the demons and avenage her master's death...

I like it sounds like we can actually continue to make more and more of these..

hey Benny I want to be a beta tester can you leave a copy with IC and I can either have him interoffice it to me if he still works at public safety that is... or I can always swing by to pick it up..   :D we can always work something out

Sango - Excellent character description!!! That really helps. I'll put it in there when I get a chance.

Eeyore - Cool. I'll burn your copy today and give it to IC when I see him next.

Here's what's included in the Beta version:

Link - the main character

The first dungeon - Zelda themed

The Ocraina of time - Learn songs and advance link.

Aeris from FF7 - Surprise! An easter egg.

IC - starts off as a Ranch Hand with a shotgun

Benny - A Saiyan Warrior.

Dungeon #2 - DBZ themed

Piccilo - From that tower he can see everything!

King Yahven - A royal addition to the party.

JMT - Just monkeyin around.

A Ship - Your first method of transportation.

Also there's another easter egg. I'm not gonna say what or where, unless you're THAT stuck.

Also the call system is very primitive. You have to choose the characters by #. The #'s go 1-8. I found a tutorial that I'm using to make it so that it will be yes/no choices.I think a call system like FF7 is gonna be a bit hard, but if you people REALLY want it, then I'll do it.

I'm gonna kinda work on it today, then cut back on it over the break, because I got other plans, but I'll still be workin on it.

Let me know if anyone has anyquestions, or anything else you'd like to see in the game. Thanks alot everyone for your help!  :approve:

Actually JMT, I was thinking the exact opposite, our monkeys should hate eachother for some reason.  A monkey superiority complex I guess.  Don't want my monkey to be able to talk tho, so I guess my monkey would just growl at you and my char would constantly have to break you two up or something.

That's no the exact opposite. Brothers can easily hate each other. Sibling rivalry can be some of the bloodthristy of all rivalries. Brothers out for each others blood! Whatca think?

Wait wait no we paid that bill this month, gimme back my water damn you argh Dinghy didnt we pay that one? Wha? She called? Did you take a message? Anger! that's my booty call woman, youre supposed to tell me these....oh hey Yahven, no havent checked the board, why....whose avatar? What troll now is it?  Uh, no, still no $ from overseas yet, sure its on its way...crap, i start work in 10 minutes...dammit Yahve that's my last burger!  Wait hold on lemme check the board...what's this bout harassin nick? ??? :D

Well, the Betas have basically been given out. If anyone still wants one, let me know, there's still time. Also, not much else has been done this week, but this weekend I should have some time to work on it. Running low on ideas tho. Need input. What's the main goal of the game? Who should be included in the NWO? I have plans for the main boss n' stuff. They're quite eevil, really. Worth one meelion dollars. But other than him, who should be included? I was thinkin for the last part of the game, something really cool and original. The last dungeon could be made of mini-dungeons, eachone leading to the next one, until you get to the final fight. But i need story and ideas for what happens between the begining and there. Well, lemme know. Keep them ideas coming. (Also I was thinking of maybe trying to put a password in at some point. One that had to be figured out with clues, and looking at the board and stuff. Maybe.) Well, back to work.

- :ssj:

Yeah Benny I have a question WHAT PRGRAM DO I USE..?? I was all excited ever sine I go the copy and I can't play cause hey I don't have the program...dang it.. I wanna play the game you should of asked Mulan how many times I was like DON'T let me forget the games I went to Nicks and picked it up today.. he didn't even realize that the second copy was for me hehe... :D