Hondo's Bar

Drunken Video Games

Benz

Okay,

If you got the blank labled CD, then just do setup. If you got one that says Drunken Deities I, then copy the files to your hard drive (cause otherwise it might get a bit laggy), then use RPG_RT.EXE

Hope that helps!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrrgghhh! I'll have ta give yas both new copies. I'll burn 'em and give 'em to ya tomorrow. Sorry 'bout that. The ones I give tomorrow will have a set-up program. Just hit setup, and It'll go just fine.

???

ok then... :D  I guess I will swing by Nicks place to pick up the CD after work one night if he is there unless you can tell Mariam and I just pass by and pick it up..

hey Nick when do you want Metropolis...? Alita wants to know. (don't to inturrupt you if your watcing another anime.)

Okay, the copies have been delivered. I'm gonna work on this thing some more. Also, It's not too late if you want to be a character in the game, but there WILL be a cut-off date for that. After that, anyone that hasn't spoken up is gonna still be in it, they'll just be an NPC (Yes, as many trolls as I can include will be in it too...). Please let me know soon.

- :ssj:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I know that the game has already been produced and all this. Shoot does that mean you're no longer taking suggestions? Cus I liked Nick's idea about me being the escape craft for all these fellans. you know how they used to have those ships of old that the bow merges into the bodice of a woman...? well that's what I was thinking. she'd be old and wise but not aged.  I'll give more on her description, powers etc later on> once you tell me that you're still taking suggestions.

Review: This is one of the coolest old-school RPGs ive played in a long while.

Finished in a few hours or so...inside jokes & dialogue are well-thought out & a trip.  The characters are fun, and Im dyin to see more of the game.  

If i had to critique anythin, id say:

-there's a whole lotta random battles, just like old rpg's.  Sometimes too many but i dont mind, that's what auto-battle's for.

-yahven thought it was too easy. screw him, im just good.

-maybe my "cowboy" theme song should be shorter, lower quality or a midi or somethin? Took a while to load...

-more treasure chests!

-were the last 2 towns not "turned on"? They were graphically there but i couldnt go in...argh..

Seriously tho, this one's a blast.  Now i really wanna get on board & help with design & such.  Benny hyped plent of his DBZ and the first joke in the castle with...nah, i wont ruin nothin, but its some of the funniest shit ive seen in an RPG.  

The entire game's 165 megs, and ive fully installed it so ive got about 2 extra discs of it, who else wants to get it on the action? Honestly, if youre on the board & have ever enjoyed an olf Final Fantasy game - or even if not - ya gotta give this one a go.

Seriously Benny, congrats on a job very well done. I was expectin to have some quaint thing to treat nicely 'cause of the effort involved, but this was actually really cool.  :D

Drunken%20RPG.jpg

I checked out a bit of IC trying the game out and I must say that I was impressed.  Both by the cool engine Benny found and how funny he made the game.  Damned fine job you did on this one.  You've still got other installments coming right?  I'd say take artistic liberties on everything I wasn't able to come up with for my character.  Got anything you can't think up, just ask me, 'cause I'd love to see my character in there.  I'll prolly grab a cd from nick next time I pass by there.  Again, congrats, it's a bang up job you did there and I'd love to see more.

:approve:

:ill: :D

Glad you guys liked it! Yes, there's definitely more on the way. Thanks for all your comments and compliments! Okay now to answer questions:

Dinghy - Yes, I'm still taking suggestions. One thing though. If ya wanna be a boat (Dinghy wants to be a dingy?) then, because of the game's engine it's gonna be kinda hard for you to have powers, etc. You also really won't be able to be a selectable character, and fight in battles n' stuff. If that's what you want, it's cool. Just thought I'd warn ya.  :D

Nick - I'll try to slow down the auto-battles. I'll see what I can do. Also, the first dungeon should be kinda easy, but if you think it should be more difficult (not ridiculeously impossible tho) let me know. I'll work on your theme song. I'll put more treasure chests in there. And yes, the last two towns were not turned on. I didn't have time to make them. As far as the other character having a shotgun on his back, you'll have to ask Cheif about that one. I'm not so good at graphics. Cool.  :approve:

Also... Did you find the first piece of the Triforce? (You can PM me or just say yes or no...)

If ya need hints or just flat out want the answer, PM me. The is only one piece to find so far. Eventually there'll be 3. Every char is gonna have special quests to go on. Complete each piece and you get a power up bonus. Complete the whole quest (Can't right now, have to wait for the full version) and you get an Insaneo max-out power up. I.E. 9999 HP damage to enemy.  Well, lemme know.

Link%20&%20Triforce.gif

Aww yeah.  This game's too @#$%in cool. Cant switch JMT for other character tho, argh! Guess im stuck with that monkey.  I wanna say a lot more but dont wanna spoil it for others....heh, Super Saijains are pretty powerful tho. :sneaky:

Im gonna post more ideas here on plot, quests, my character etc, as well as details for a few folks who might not be on the board. Only other question is: how much room do we have to play with? How many characters can we have, can the overall quest or map be bigger? If not thats cool, its a lotta room to work with.  Guess ill havta see the engine sometime.  Speakin of which, Yahven wants to help you add stuff, is there any way you could pass along your files or somethin, if youre cool with that? This thing is so much more promising that i thought itd be. An RPG with me in it... :D

Okay here we go:

Characters:  NO LIMIT!!!

Maps: NO LIMIT!!! (as far as I know...)

Room left: Anything goes up to the size of a burned CD.

(700 MB - 165 = 535MB left)

Basically the only thing that's gonna take up any room is the theme musics, but if they aren't that important to ya, then basically......

THERE IS NO END TO THE AMOUNT OF STUFF WE CAN DO IN THE GAME!!! WE CAN MAKE AN INFINITELY LONGER GAME THAN ANY OTHER YOU'VE SEEN!

But we don't wanna make it too long, or else you'd get bored because you'd never reach the end...

:approve:

Cool.

Dont get me wrong, i dont want it to be Everquest, but longer'd be cool, so we can include more people/quests.  

oooo...always wanted to write dialogue/plot for an RPG, ya need a writer? I wont fuck with the plot much, just dialogue mainly, im good with that...

PS Game Hint:  Save before steppin on skull & crossbones.   :plain: Must..level up...more...