Hondo's Bar

Forum Upgrade

Guest Yahve

Yahven - Feel free to work on board over here. I oughta write more paper tointe but we both know i prolly wont.

Jack - The page seems offset becasue of the new stats on each user - notice that you now have a "member #" as well as "joined" date? Im workin on gettin rid of those but cant find it from the admin control panel, so im askin around.

If ya wanna set the page a bit more straight for everyone, tho, dont hesitate to use a shorter member title. :sly:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's prolly dependent on your resolution. In any event, Sir Yahven fixed the :butterfly:, no more "member since" or # nonsense, woo hoo! Our silent admin is still hard at work; check out the crap shack if youre so inclined.

Yahven, ive logged back in 6 times in the last 15 minutes, just 'cause ive had to open multiple windows of the forum to link to other stuff, which for some reason logs me out (anyone else get that?). Should i ask again at Invisionboard or you got another idea to work with the cookies?

Ive had to re-do some long posts here, now im copyin everythin before posting.... ??? :( :angry:

Ok, since im noticin that Stimpy just re-registered (prolly due to lockout) i wanna make it clear: Anyone who sees this & cant log in 'cause your password dont work, email me at:

TheIrishCowboy@hotmail.com

And ill assign you a temp so you can get back in; again, really sorry for the inconvenience...odd too, cause some people (JUDGE, Benny) seem to get in just fine with their old ones. Anyway, the new board's here 'cause of all of you, so i really dont want anyone excluded; drop me a line if you cant get in.

Guest Yahve

Logins should be working for about an hour now. See if its working, if not then I'll try something else :D

Glad to see everyone transitioning over smoothly and not getting lost along hte way. Earlier I heard a few reports from IrishCowboy that people kept going to the old board over adn over again. I'll have to take it down soon as to not create too much confusion.

Dont know bout the rest of ya, but it seems to be workin fine for me, now. I can open multiple windows without bein logged out, hoo-hah! Again, thanks for swattin them :butterfly: 's Mr Y.

Hey, lets put that

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

More cool shit bout this board:

1)Im really liking the "Top 10 posters today" option, upper right of the front page. Lets ya see who's been here. Also, try clickin on user profiles now, it says where they spend most of their time, thats cool.

2) Jack's + few others asked about this, now i know for sure - polls can now be edited, by moderators at least. So, options can be changed as others open & such, pretty cool.

3) Skins are workin cool, more on that as it comes. Were lookin at lettin moderators help choose the skin for their respective forums; basically, we take a graphic base & replace certain things inside it with .gif's and such of appropriate stuff (i.e., Junker might have somethin of Taxi Driver around Movies).

4) Log out problem seems officially wiped. Yahven, drink's on me at Hondo's, as well as my apartment...just dont get greedy. :D

5) Hacks onna way, i swear. Honest injun.

Just put in some some new "post icons", check below next time youre posting.

SOF brings up the next graphical thing i wanted to work on, tho - i can replace the blue blocks with the old stars, or maybe better ones if we see em. What would you people prefer? Blue blocks, stars, or...?

Ok, Yahven had an idea, for you kids in the Senate, and those onna way:

If we put you each in your own member group (once ya reach the Senate, of course), we could replace your blue blocks (or stars) with whatever ya want; for instance, Senate members have a MLBpip.gif because MyLeakyBucket got in first and picked that for ya.

But...Yahven wants everyone to stay in the Senate somehow. So here's the idea, usin SOF as an example:

SOF makes the Senate, and is given a member title to indicate his position, such as The Senate - Hitman. Now, we can use crosshairs instead of blue blocks or whatever, since that's what he wants (tho you only get 1 off the bat, havta earn the others). How's that sound? That way, say, JunkerSeed can be "The Senate - Monkeyfucker" or somethin and get any .gif file he wants there, and so on. Lemme know what ya think, especially you Senate kids.

PS Youd better like the .gif file ya pick, cause its tricky to change and im not doin it on a whim every week or so!

I don't remember having to do that before. Guess I figured everyone had to conform to the time zone of the admins. I pictured all our british posters always add 9 hours to the times, trying to figure out how long ago people posted. There goes that delusion. One down, millions left to go.

Yup, clean slate for everybody. Which is good, we were runnin low on space back then & too many people left their PM boxes filled to the brim; now its a fresh start, and I'm putting a cap on Private Message archiving ("It's just silly!"), so if ya wanna save space, uncheck the part that says "keep a copy of this in my sent messages folder". So yeah, out with the old. :D

PS Hey what does everyone think of my Senate revision? Cmon, more than just Jack here....