Hondo's Bar

Hellboy

The NZA

here

HBani.jpg

HELLBOY ANIMATED ANNOUNCED

With the news bubbling up around the internet for the past week, IDT Entertainment today confirmed that a Hellboy animated project is in the works. According to a press release issued by IDT, the company has licensed the animation rights to the character from Revolution Studios, and will work with Revolution to develop and produce animated content for television and home entertainment, as well as “a full range of integrated marketing applications across all categories.”

"Hellboy is a seminal figure in the comic book world and a proven winner in the feature film arena," said Morris Berger, IDT Entertainment CEO in the release. "This deal adds to the luster of our ever-growing library of intellectual properties with worldwide fan appeal. We believe Hellboy's animated incarnation will benefit from our international sales, marketing, and distribution network."

IDT also announced that the animated projects will feature the talent from the 2004 live action Hellboy film, including Ron Perlman and Selma Blair returning to their roles of Hellboy and Liz Sherman, respectively. Mike Mignola and Hellboy director Guillermo Del Toro are creative producers on the projects and will be intimately involved in story development and animation style.

Tad Stones will serve as supervising director and supervising producer for IDT, while Lawrence Gordon and Lloyd Levin of Lawrence Gordon Productions and Mike Richardson of Dark Horse Comics, who produced the 2004 live action feature, will executive produce.

As for animators and styles, Sean Galloway recently posted an image (above) and information about the animated project at www.deviantart.com .

Though the posting has since been removed, Galloway originally wrote: Heya, gang! WHEW! NOW I can spill the beans. hahaha. Recently, I got selected as lead character designer for the Hellboy Animated cartoon. What you see here is the new look for the cartoon. Sorry to say, but it won't be based on Mignola's style. He wanted something other than his style. It's going to be 2 direct to DVD movies (70 minutes each). They'll be aired on Cartoon Network. The first one is scheduled for next October. I just wrapped up the designs for the first DVD…

Yeah i read about @ Superherohype, it sounds promising. I just hope they get Ron Pearlman to do the voice.

IDT also announced that the animated projects will feature the talent from the 2004 live action Hellboy film, including Ron Perlman and Selma Blair returning to their roles of Hellboy and Liz Sherman, respectively.

That answer your question?

• 1 year later...

Just saw SB on the same page as me, anyone watching this? Its awesome, i need to see the film again but at this moment i think i prefer this, and i enjoyed the film at that.

Same voices as the movie, but things just flow, and sometimes the art style's spot-on Mignola. The first one, Sword of Storms, was great, even managed to include the great japanese-flying-heads story from the book.

Im halfway through Blood & Iron, and its even better...really dark and scary for an animation, but that's prolly the bar set recently by the Avengers animated stuff, this one's a lot more in the vein/feel of the book, to the point that you really wanna just see the whole series of trades thus far animated at some point, even if its just the B.P.R.D.

they change the plot here & there to fit things,

like how the Professor's still alive and a prominent character in the 2nd movie.

, but again, its just details as the feel is definitely there.

Wiki says on the 3rd one "The Phantom Claw"...

Info yet to be unveiled, other than the debut of Lobster Johnson. It will primarily feature Hellboy and Kate. Rumour has it that Liz and Abe will not be appearing (At least as main characters), because the cast will include more "big-name" villains such as Rasputin, Herman Von Klempt and his Kriegaffe and Robert Zinco.

So it looks like its just getting better. For Hellboy fans, this is a no-brainer; for Ly and others looking to be introduced to the series, this works as well.

Just saw SB on the same page as me, anyone watching this? Its awesome, i need to see the film again but at this moment i think i prefer this, and i enjoyed the film at that.

Same voices as the movie, but things just flow, and sometimes the art style's spot-on Mignola. The first one, Sword of Storms, was great, even managed to include the great japanese-flying-heads story from the book.

Im halfway through Blood & Iron, and its even better...really dark and scary for an animation, but that's prolly the bar set recently by the Avengers animated stuff, this one's a lot more in the vein/feel of the book, to the point that you really wanna just see the whole series of trades thus far animated at some point, even if its just the B.P.R.D.

they change the plot here & there to fit things,

like how the Professor's still alive and a prominent character in the 2nd movie.

, but again, its just details as the feel is definitely there.

Wiki says on the 3rd one "The Phantom Claw"...

So it looks like its just getting better. For Hellboy fans, this is a no-brainer; for Ly and others looking to be introduced to the series, this works as well.

Sounds good. Where can I find it?

51TTz9OyFML._SS500_.jpg

Just finished it...damn! That was about the best thing animation-wise that ive seen in a bit.

Its dark and fitting of the book, has a lotta fun but it gets pretty rought as well...the

knock-down, all-out fight with Hecate was aweosme!

Again, cant wait for the 3rd, ill pick these up on DVD if i see a good deal on em. I mustve been the only fan of this series that didnt see how well it'd lend itself to being aniamted.

I have Sword of Storms, and I loved it. I'll definitely be picking up Blood & Iron when it comes out tomorrow, because everything I've seen about it says it's even better. Hellboy really does work very well animated, and it definitely makes a good appetizer until Golden Army comes out.

Archived