Hondo's Bar

Fables

Lycaon

Thereby hangs a tale...

There once was an Englishman and a German who existed quite contently within the bustling city of Boston. The connection these two men held was a love for graphic literatue. Swapping many books a week, a Walking Dead for a Fables or Human Target, they revelled in the other's great taste in prose.

But then one fateful day the German left, and with him his extensive collection, across the cold Atlantic. The English man was left, with meagre budget, to only gain satisfaction his lone purchases.

The moral of the sad tale: no more Fables, Books of Magic and Human Target for me. Bollocks.

Great comic though :ok:

• 11 months later...

• 8 months later...

I fucking-fucking WANT to be reading this but none of my local shops ever em to have Volume 3(and I do so hate skipping ahead), and I'm wary of shopping online too çause I hate to wait. If I buy 1001 nights now will it spoil? at what part of the regular run can I read that?

I fucking-fucking WANT to be reading this but none of my local shops ever em to have Volume 3(and I do so hate skipping ahead), and I'm wary of shopping online too çause I hate to wait. If I buy 1001 nights now will it spoil? at what part of the regular run can I read that?

Not that I recall. It mostly goes over character history, without any spoilers. The artwork is beautiful.

• 2 months later...
Yeah that's what I had to do. I couldn't find them anywhere. I'm still not completely caught up. I think I got to the whole Jack goes to Hollywood thing and then school started. =[

:welcome: Psst... If you're not registered on this site, its open every Friday (usually until 5pm, Austin Texas time).

Edited by Lycaon

• 4 months later...

So who's still following this month to month? I ended up ordering 3-5 and since then I found out my local store charges significantly less(like, nearly half off) for ordering online so I've been a fables-buying machine!! Reading #39 or so now, have 7-9 waiting to be picked up this arvo. I've a fair idea of who the adversary is after the 1st invasion attempt, but it seems too easy and has to be a red herring.