Hondo's Bar

Tis The Season

Jont

hbbj_f_lg.jpg

So the restaurant I work at have put the Christmas CDs on, only trouble is, there's only two of them, so if I'm going to survive this Christmas without having a nervous breakdown, I'm going to have get a little bit of variety. (I'll be :pirate:ing by the way, but you didn't hear that here)So what are your favourite Christmas songs, or even anything vaguely wintery with bells on.

Already on there is Slade (Here It Is) Merry Christmas

Bowie and Bing, Little Drummer Boy

Fairy Tale in New York is on there, but it's the fucking abomination by Ronan Keating so I'll have to get the original on there.

They also have more generic Christmas songs than I could list, but they might not have all the best ones, and one or two duplicates here or there wouldn't hurt.

I know Brian Wilson made a Christmas album so I'll probably find that lurking around Bittorrent.

Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) by The Darkness (if you like The Darkness)

Christmas Time By Sm ashing Pumpkins (if you like Smashing Pumpkins)

Happy X-Mas (War Is Over) by John Lennon is sumblime and belongs on any top ten list of John Lennon's solo work, so that's a definite.

Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight) by The Ramones is good.

I remember hearing right after Maladriot came out that Weezer was going to put out a X-mas song, but I never heard it or heard of it since (actually, I'm just remember hearing it on the radio now), so it might be worth looking into.

You better get some suggestions in quick, in a state of mania I might put on the Twin Peaks, Twelve Days of Christmas on, despite the fact it would baffle the shit out of the customers, and truth be told, even I can't bare to listen to it.

Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) by The Darkness (if you like The Darkness)

I don't like them, but it's a crowd pleaser and being Christmas, I'll give them clemency.

Christmas Time By Sm ashing Pumpkins (if you like Smashing Pumpkins)

Didn't know they did a Christmas song, but I'll look it up. This is the sort of thing I'm looking for, sneaky ways to listen to good bands at Christmas.

Happy X-Mas (War Is Over) by John Lennon is sumblime and belongs on any top ten list of John Lennon's solo work, so that's a definite.

It's on there already, but good call.

Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight) by The Ramones is good.

I remember hearing right after Maladriot came out that Weezer was going to put out a X-mas song, but I never heard it or heard of it since (actually, I'm just remember hearing it on the radio now), so it might be worth looking into.

As with Pumpkins, I'll seek these out.

BAck in Pennsylvania, a friend of mine was the drummer in a local band (Clashing Plaid). There first recording was a holiday EP. I liked most of the songs on it, but the Christmas one you'd want is 'All I Got For Christmas Was Drunk'. Get it here. Not sure if it's appropriate. There's always Jingle Hells Bells or Sled Zeppelin by Bob Rivers, two Holiday classics.

Archived