Hondo's Bar

Metal Gear Solid 4

The NZA

Pfft, no killing's easy. No alerts is the hard shit.

The first bit is what's hard, because you don't have access to your tranq guns. You have to actually wait for the guards to pass through instead of knocking them the hell unconscious. As far as the boss fights go, I did then all with no kills on my first runthrough, I can certainly do it again.

you had trouble on the second boss? Seriously, I just went to the roof and used my Mosin Nagant, it was over pretty quick. She never really hit me. Hell, what I'm worried about is that sequence leading up to it. Beast the first took me longer than beast the second.

Pfft, no killing's easy. No alerts is the hard shit.

funny, bishop's playing through it right now, said the no kill's harder.

The first bit is what's hard, because you don't have access to your tranq guns. You have to actually wait for the guards to pass through instead of knocking them the hell unconscious. As far as the boss fights go, I did then all with no kills on my first runthrough, I can certainly do it again.

Even all those shooters on the fields of beast 3? eh, i guess you're tranq'ing them.

you had trouble on the second boss? Seriously, I just went to the roof and used my Mosin Nagant, it was over pretty quick. She never really hit me. Hell, what I'm worried about is that sequence leading up to it. Beast the first took me longer than beast the second.

i wouldnt say trouble, but it was lengthy. granted, i spent a while up top picking off its friends just to rack up drebin points, but i found the beast tricky to locate sometimes, even when overheated, oddly. But yeah, sen used the guide and mentioned sniper rifles being the trick.

how far you progressed on big boss? i should give it a go soon, just dont want to overdo the game just yet. its gonna take a few playthroughs and they damn well better have trophies soon.

I'm right at the fight with

Meryl and the Rat Patrol going down the hotel,

manged to get there in under 20 minutes, though it would've been even less had I bothered to prepare for this mode at all. Like, say,

getting the fucking Middle Eastern Rebel Costume or stocking up on chaff grenades for that robot-infested shadow moses.

Seriously, he's having trouble with no kills? You ask me he's playing the game wrong. The sequence leading up to that first spoiler right there I never had to fire a single shot at anybody.

Ok, I was having trouble with the no alerts, the no kills can be a pain, but it's doable. My problem is I hate that the best rewards you can get in this game require you to not use the majority of the weapons in the game. The game gives you like 60 different guns, but punishes you for using them, Kinda sucks.

Currently in Act 2, when you don't continue time is less of a factor. I'm not going for a time run, mainly because I am rewatching some of the cinematics.

Ok, I was having trouble with the no alerts, the no kills can be a pain, but it's doable. My problem is I hate that the best rewards you can get in this game require you to not use the majority of the weapons in the game. The game gives you like 60 different guns, but punishes you for using them, Kinda sucks.

Currently in Act 2, when you don't continue time is less of a factor. I'm not going for a time run, mainly because I am rewatching some of the cinematics.

I agree. Wish I could use the

Rail Gun

more.

On rereading I see what IN means. On BB Extreme you can't purchase more ammo for the tranq guns right? I figure that could be a pain for the bosses. Is it?

It really is. I managed to get the first with a shotgun with v-ring ammo, and managed to

complete the second act in 1hr34min.

But it's really, REALLY annoying that I have to conserve. It's the biggest pain I had at the start of the

second act

, thankfully going into the next I have over forty bullets in my handgun. I'm gonna need a bunch of mosin nagant bullets if I want to get the statue, which I missed my first time through.

You can kill the shells, that doesn't count as a kill unless you kill the beauties. But since I missed four of the statues the first time through, I'm forcing myself to get them this time.

Anyway. It's a fun thing to challenge.

It really is. I managed to get the first with a shotgun with v-ring ammo, and managed to

complete the second act in 1hr34min.

But it's really, REALLY annoying that I have to conserve. It's the biggest pain I had at the start of the

second act

, thankfully going into the next I have over forty bullets in my handgun. I'm gonna need a bunch of mosin nagant bullets if I want to get the statue, which I missed my first time through.

You can kill the shells, that doesn't count as a kill unless you kill the beauties. But since I missed four of the statues the first time through, I'm forcing myself to get them this time.

Anyway. It's a fun thing to challenge.

Ah that's nothing, I beat octopus the first time with a stun knife and the tranq gun. If you can kill the shell with whatever then that shouldn't be an issue. What pisses me off about the statues is that had I KNOWN about them my first playthrough, I would have gotten them all. But when I tranqed laughing and didn't get shit, I assumed there was no reward for beating the first form with non-lethal. What a pain.

Will go back soon, I just have to decide if I want to re-fight octopus and go back to try and get some of hte hiden mp3s you get at random from the militia. Gah I hate crap like that. I also hate the fucking hold-up mechanics, I can never get it to work to sake my life.

wait, what shell now?

and yeah, i was wondering about that. i got to be a stuck-up champ in part 2, but here, like the CQC or patting down, it seemed almost random that i pull it off. im gonna practice it more in training first.

Ah that's nothing, I beat octopus the first time with a stun knife and the tranq gun. If you can kill the shell with whatever then that shouldn't be an issue. What pisses me off about the statues is that had I KNOWN about them my first playthrough, I would have gotten them all. But when I tranqed laughing and didn't get shit, I assumed there was no reward for beating the first form with non-lethal. What a pain.

Will go back soon, I just have to decide if I want to re-fight octopus and go back to try and get some of hte hiden mp3s you get at random from the militia. Gah I hate crap like that. I also hate the fucking hold-up mechanics, I can never get it to work to sake my life.

I did know, that's what really gets my goat. I knew of them, but I didn't realize that nine times out of ten you had to collect them during the beauty fight. The only one that didn't apply to was the only one I got.

This game has tons of that "use a stragegy guide or you'll never EVER find it BS, that drives me batty in games. Still, at least the gameplay in the first couple of acts is fucking awesome, still waiting to see how I like acts 3-5 on a second playthrough.

You may be happy to know that it appears that

the main you have to tail

can't raise alerts.

And yeah. If it wasn't for the internet, i wouldn't even know what I needed to be doing right now. >.>

:sof: holy shit, and without

the solar gun.

i really gotta learn how you handled those bosses. what was the hardest part(s), and what took the longest? did the loading time of dying, not continue, go to title, load back up again cause you to lose any hair?

:sof: holy shit, and without

the solar gun.

i really gotta learn how you handled those bosses. what was the hardest part(s), and what took the longest? did the loading time of dying, not continue, go to title, load back up again cause you to lose any hair?

What caused me to lose my fucking hair was the fact I had one fucking alert in fucking

act 4

and I had to reload the last fucking leg of the fucking

bike chase

in fucking

act 3

to get back to that fucking

act 4.

However, it really wasn't that bad. The boss fight rooms all had tranq ammo hidden somewhere. My biggest problem was

crying wolf,

because

she had Frog soldiers

that would alert whenever I used my

anti-material rifle

against her. Switched to the

Rail Gun

and was fine.

Raging Raven I just got her attention, aimed the mosin nagant,

and fired repeatedly. She goes down in under a minute. Didn't even have to use a scope.

All the bosses are fairly straightforward, if you ask me.

you totally just spoiled that the game features scopes

What caused me to lose my fucking hair was the fact I had one fucking alert in fucking

act 4

and I had to reload the last fucking leg of the fucking

bike chase

in fucking

act 3

to get back to that fucking

act 4.

wait, did you not save? i imagined you saving after every new checkpoint.

However, it really wasn't that bad. The boss fight rooms all had tranq ammo hidden somewhere. My biggest problem was

crying wolf,

because

she had Frog soldiers

that would alert whenever I used my

anti-material rifle

against her. Switched to the

Rail Gun

and was fine.

whoah, so that weapon doesnt set off alerts? hows that? shit. im gonna use that on every freakin boss then.

ok, so im gearing up for another playthrough, this time on hard, just to get the solar gun & be ready for big boss mode. im uncertain which badges im after on this run through, though - assassin's is tempting but i wasnt as big a fan so i dunno yet.

still trying to figure out how to take out the bosses in a decent speed, the 3rd BB took me a while, personally. oh, and did you have to tranq them to death to get the award?