Hondo's Bar

Audition

The NZA

B0009WFEDC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

yet another lost thread...dammit

Takashi Miike (Ichi The Killer) is perhaps more well known for this one, a love story gone...interesting. I know the cover looks ominous, but that's just crazy japanese marketing.

Its a cool and original film but the thing about it is, the less said about the plot, the better, cause its easily spoiled. All you really need to know is that a company executive lost his wife about 7 years ago, and a friend convinces him to hold an audition for an actress for a position that doesn't really exist, so he can meet more beautiful women and hope to find another. And, he does. And they live happily ever after. Realy, its the most romantic thing ive seen since, well, True Romance.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I'm happy to see the Takashi Mike threads. He's by far one of the most interesting and dynamic directors alive right now. Prolific too, he makes like 2 or 3 movies a year and all of them are a thousand times more daring (form and content-wise) than anything you'll see anywhere near this country.

Audition is great. Even once the box art has ruined the movie for you it's still great. But yes, the less said about it the better, go see it everyone!

nick, stop fucking around and watch happiness of the katakuris already. it's weird at first but once you get into it, it's amazing. seriously, that's the best thing about miike...he doesn't stick to one genre, and yet his movies are all equally crazy and innovative. there should be a takashi miike thread because he's honestly becoming one of my favorite directors.

nick, stop fucking around and watch happiness of the katakuris already. it's weird at first but once you get into it, it's amazing.

I agree. It was hard as fuck to get past all those claymation bits but once you get used to the shennanigans it's great. I was really let down by "Izo". Miike and 'Beat' Takeshi sounded like one hell of a combination but it just didn't do it for me.

Archived