Best Video Games

MusicManiac

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hah...shining force, awesome!

id add some GTA, old-schoool Contra, mebbe some classic Sega love like Sonic, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, or even Space Harrier. Even a quirky title or to like ToeJam & earl, Parappa, etc. There's so many classics im not thinkin of right now, but this is an awesome thread idea.

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Spongebob (older member, but not age-wise) used to swear by that one, was it on Dreamcast too? Fuck, there's a system with some unappreciated games, i gotta pick a few to add up here. I kinda wish i had a PS2 & hard drive just to bootleg/download old PS1 games i missed out on somehow.

• 1 month later...

Big fan of Splinter Cell myself, MM.

My favourite games in each genre are:

RTS: Dawn of War (PC)

FPS: Unreal Tournament (PC)

racing: need for speed underground 2 (PS2)

platform/2D: worms armageddon (PC)

turn based strategy: star trek-birth of the federation (PC)

sports: tony hawks pro skater 3 (PS2)

and the Golden Oldie award goes to Sonic 2 (sega megadrive)

I'll break these down by generation:

8-bit:

NES:

Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2

Mario 3

Castlevania 1-3

Zelda 1 and 2

Goonies 2

Tetris

Dragon Warrior

Faxanadu

FF1

Sega:

Shinobi

Phantasy Star

Alex Kidd

16-bit

SNES:

Super Mario World

Donkey Kong Country

FF 2 and 3

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Castlevania IV

Zelda

Street Fighter 2

Genesis and Sega CD

Phantasy Star 2-4

Sonic 1, 2, and CD

Snatcher

Lunar 1 and 2

Gunstar Heroes

Mortal Kombat

Turbografx and CD

Ys 1 -3

Cosmic Fantasy 2

Valis 2 and 3

Legendary Axe

Neutopia

Dragon Slayer

more to come later

Cant argue, but add a few:

I'll break these down by generation:

8-bit:

NES:

Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2

Mario 3

Castlevania 1-3

Zelda 1 and 2

Goonies 2

Tetris

Dragon Warrior

Faxanadu

FF1

Contra

Mega Man II

Metroid

Mike Tyson's Pucnh-Out!!

my personal ones that i dont think are universal: Maniac Mansion, Golgo 13, Bubble Bobble

Sega:

Shinobi

Phantasy Star

Alex Kidd

Space Harrier

I wouldnt argue with the arcade ports, like Outrun, After Burner, Thunder Blade, Fantasy Zone etc tho theyre all hard as fuck.

16-bit

SNES:

Super Mario World

Donkey Kong Country

FF 2 and 3

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Castlevania IV

Zelda

Street Fighter 2

Super Mario Kart

Super Metroid

Super Punch Out!

Earthbound

mine: Zombies ate my Neighbors, Mario Paint, Mario RPG, Turtles in Time, Mega Man X, im forgetting others here.

Genesis and Sega CD

Phantasy Star 2-4

Sonic 1, 2, and CD

Snatcher

Toejam & Earl

Lunar 1 and 2

Gunstar Heroes

Mortal Kombat (that's all him)

Strider

Streets of Rage 1-2

Golden Axe

Reveng of Shinobi

mine: NBA Jam, mebbe General Chaos, mebbe Pit Fighter, ESWAT, Bonanza Bros, others...

Turbografx and CD

Ys 1 -3

Cosmic Fantasy 2

Valis 2 and 3

Legendary Axe

Neutopia

Dragon Slayer

Bonk - i liked Bonk

more to come later

i gotta check my collection at home and pics i got, i know im forgettin all kindsa shit. Ill add a PS1 list cause christ that system had games:

Playstaion One

Metal Gear Solid

Final Fantasy VII

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Parappa the Rapper/ Um Jammer Lammy

Puzzle Fighter

Resident Evil 1-2

Xenogears

Suikoden 1-2

lotta fun titles like One, Bushido Blade, Einhander, all kindsa shit i cant recall right now, dammit.

crap, pics didnt come through...yeah, Valis III was an amazing sleeper-hit.

lotta classic space shooters there, youre right- MUSA, Galeries, etc...SNES had super R-type, too. I rmember being so impressed by Zaxxon 3-D (SMS with the glasses) and later by Silpheed for Sega CD.

Archived