Hondo's Bar

Best Video Games

MusicManiac

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It did look good at first, but the gameplay is really slow. I expected fast paced heart racing action. Don't get me wrong though, I really did enjoy the way bullets ripped the shit into walls, and the way you could look through the eyes of other teammates. Ghost Recon has always been a let down. This has been the best yet, but I'm still not impressed.

It's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter by the way.

havent played lockdown as of yet... really really want to...

another game i am a Huge fan of purely because of the concept....

Manhunt

wallpaper2_medium.jpg

and nick, graphic wise, 24 was superb but in my opinion thats where it stopped, it could be that i never got into the series that much, but i just didnt enjoy it... its a must have though for a fan of the series

that's a few slots down on my rental queve, i believe MM said it was pretty cool.

Here's the shit i have on there:

Way of the Samurai 2

Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects

Suikoden Tactics

GUN

Rez

Harvest Moon: Save The Homeland

Hitman: Blood Money (oughta be more ready for it by then)

Alien Hominid

Midway Arcade Treasures 2

Tenchu: Fatal Shadows

Rygar: The Legendary Adventures

Kengo: Master of Bushido

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (2 disc game)

Namco Museum: 50th Anniversary

Half-Life

Suffering: Ties That Bind

Darkwatch

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology( Releases 6/15/06)

Red Star (Releases 8/17/06)

Yakuza (Releases 9/2006)

...so yeah, a lotta games you prolly woudnt even bother with, but the site's cheap and im curious.

manhunt,,,, twisted twisted game and a twisted concept to match....

what stole it for me was the weaponry... plastic bags etc.... the graphics were a smidge suspect at times but the story more than made up for it i thought... possibly the most original game ive Ever indulged in.....

as for the getaway and black sunday... both very good games... i have both of them and i think they deserve a bit of a resurgence....

exactly what I was about to say.

Scared the fuck out've me. I didn't like Manhunt after about 5 hours of playing though. It was just the same shit over and over. It started picking up again when you reached that fucked up house though.

24 rocked out for me, (being a huge Jack Bauer fan and of the series) it was a tweaked version of The Getaway and Black Sunday, both of which I own and love to death.

The comparison to the Getaway games is pretty apt actually. Like those games, 24 did well with story, characters, voice acting and the like, but pretty badly when it came to graphics, pacing and good controls. If you're a big fan of the show and can handle some lousy controls and mediocre shooting then give it a shot. But if you're the kind of person who throws a controller across the room if you can't get your guy to move with Prince-of-Persia precision, I'd leave it alone.

maybe the omen, to really put the shits up the light hearted... oddly enough, this game didnt take off like it should have over here... it is the singlemost twisted game ive played, i got asked for identification when buying it, the guy said he had to make sure with games like this... it was hilarious....

Archived