Hondo's Bar

Horror flicks

I recommend Carnival of Souls, it's slow paced but it's worth sitting through for the denouncement. Incidentally, the movie's copyright has expired, so you can download it for free from archive.org as well as a lot of other B-movies. http://www.archive.org/details/CarnivalofSouls

I don't think Blair Witch was a great movie, but like Carnival of Souls it rewards patient viewers with a deeply uneasy feeling that lasts for quiet a while.

I love me some Carnival of Souls. I picked up the Criterion disc which is pretty cool. That movie freaked me out in the middle of the day a few months ago. Walmart (or one of those) was selling it for $1 around Halloween time. I was gonna buy an assload and be set for Christmas presents for life but never got there in time.... :muggin:

Ash, you might wanna edit in some...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Real post:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,00 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation ot untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Edited by Iambaytor

• 2 weeks later...

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,00 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Edited by Iambaytor

Not a big deal, I was just very impressed, I was like, "Damn... he's thorough." Then I looked up From Dusk Till Shaun on google and found that. Anyway, apparently there won't be a From Dusk Till Shaun, at least not yet. The Shaun of the Dead team is actually working on a moive called Hot Fuzz with Nick Frost and Simon Pegg in the lead roles, kind of an English Die Hard type movie. I'm intrigued and I'm sure it's good, I still think I'd prefer From Dusk Till Shaun though.

The Howling...

You know, I can't for the life of me remember this film, what's the mass opinion on this? Rent or avoid it like the plague?

I'm thinking SB, FDB or 2T have seen this one.

B00009OWI1.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've already plugged this movie on this page, but I'll gladly do so again.

Best werewolf movie ever.

• 2 months later...

1559409002.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

That's clearly the European poster, you can almost see a nipple.

Well don't expect anything as exciting as that, but Carnival of Souls is a pretty damn spooky existential horror in the vein of a classic Twilight Zone episode. It's slow moving but it all pays off in one of the freakiest endings ever. But I don't need to sell you on it, because it's free.

Society is hard as fuck to tell anyone about 'cause it's all about the end. It works even better if you don't know it's a horror movie and think it's a precursor to the 1991 classic "Cool as Ice".

As a kid I was always obsessed with the cover but 'cause it was an 18s I wasn't able to watch it then a few years later I got to see it in a friend's house and I was blown away. As I said at first you'll be wondering what the fuck but it's a really tight movie.

society.jpg

Or maybe I'm just insane....

• 4 months later...