Hondo's Bar

Horror flicks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys, this was the best zombie movie I've seen in years. It doesn't waste anytime getting into it, and is legitimately fucking scary. These were some of, if not the most terrifying zombies I've ever seen. Just a great movie all the way through.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Wow! 1

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

JyMZyaP.jpg

I'm in the middle of this and it is pretty, pretty, pretty, creepy. Antrum is supposedly a lost film from the 70s and has one of those "if you watch it you die" curses. It's pretty gimmicky, but once it starts moving you get past that pretty quick. It's messing with me a little bit. It's got some genuinely disturbing moments, and some rewatch value for hidden symbols and background stuff going on. I have 30 minutes left, but wanted to post some thoughts before I forget. Will come back once it's over. 

• Wow! 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This one is great! Between this, Hereditary and Antrum, I am really like this trend of using obscure demon lore and working them into the story in creepy effective ways. Plus it gives me something to do some light research on later. This one is on Shudder also, which is only getting a better and better selection of movies as it grows. I hope it sticks around. 

• Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hellhouse LLC is a surprisingly solid and creepy found footage movie. It's come across my recommendations numerous times, and I finally caved and watched it. Lots of great, spooky ghosty stuff and a nice lack of jumpscares. Definitely worth watching for a fun haunted house movie. 

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm super curious. Wan was a guaranteed good time for me up until Malignant.

Last year was so damned good for horror! My second favorite whitest kid Zach Cregger did Barbarian, and I finally got to Jordan Peele's Nope on the plane over to the States.

Edited by Jables
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 5:20 PM, The NZA said:

james wan at it again - anyone seen this one yet?

Not seen it but I have many excitements to go and see it. It looks like a more terrifying Ex-Machina type film.

Also, not entirely a horror film, but it kinda fits, "The Menu" got a watch last night and I very much enjoyed it. Would suggest.