Hondo's Bar

Hondo's T-Shirts

APANCHALYPSE NOW

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awesome, jess - youre the best. if we can have it sorted by tomorrow, im hoping joel can get prototype pics and we can really get this moving.

Only problem I can foresee is that a decently-high resolution image is gonna be hard to post on here because it'll rape and pillage for bandwidth. Also, posting a .JPG image automatically reduces resolution and quality. If I can get a good trace, which is looking good right now, already got the framework knocked out and just have to do the lettering, what I'll recommend doing is dropping the final image onto a CD and mail it to Joel with a higher-res JPG as well as the original .AI (adobe Illustrator) file. That file will be in a vector format, meaning the printer won't have to deal with pixels and it can be size-adjusted without having to worry about distorting the image. I'll keep yeh's posted, but Joel, I may need your address.

well, how big a file size are we roughly talking? because i could have you send it to my gmail and host it directly from our servers to expedite things, if its not too massive.

IT could be anywhere between 3 and 10 megs, easily. An image that's high enough resolution to be screen-printed on a tee shirt takes up a big bit of space.

ah...well, i dont know the cap on what can be sent/received by gmail, bue we could put it to the test. is there anyway you could temporarily host it from your site tonight, link me, ill grab it, you can delete it & ill put it up on ours, then link joel to that? not sure if he'd be taking the link to the store or download/burn the image but i suppose either'd work. yay or nay?

Alright, so apparently this whole vector thing has me mixed up. I thought the file would be -HUGE- but, because it's doesn't work with individual pixels, it's able to compress to a much smaller file with an image that has limitless size options. I can't post it directly to the site but if you'll give me your email I'll send it along promptly. Approximate file size is 260k.

Joel, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that your jcotera (atsign) mac (dot) com email listed on your info is your current email address. I'm gonna send you this file and then hit the sheets. It's a .AI file (Adobe Illustrator) so unles you have the program, I doubt you'll be able to open it but it's spot-on identical to the image Nick posted originally, just able to be made better, stronger, faster, etc. Enjoy! My work here is done.

hey jess, you can attatch/upload it (if it lets you) here or email it to pretty much anything @hondosbar.com and ill get it just fine.

so uh, we'll need to download adobe illustrator to open/print it out, then?

You won't need to open it or print it out, send it directly to whatever print house you're using and let them deal with it. If they ask you to print it out, my time was just wasted, because they're going to just scan it and trace it into an AI or similar file format anyway.

But yes, I just sent it to nick@hondosbar.com so hopefully it gets to you.

Edit: If you do need to open or print it for some other reason I'll transfer it to a JPG, but you'd do well to tel me what size you want it to be, because if you resize a JPG it'll get distorted and pixelated.

ah! ok, i hope joel's place is good for that then. im assuming you can send it to them from there or burn it to a disc or something.oh yeah, and lemme know if pics@hondosbar.com doesnt work, cause it should.awesome! just got it in right now, im gonna forward it to the email we got on file for joel here. Thanks again Jess, sorry to keep you up but its most appreciated.

It really varies, the image size that's printed on the shirt. I'd wager a guess that the ideal image size would be 8" x 6" at the very least. I can drop the image into Photoshop and size it with a 300dpi resolution, but I strongly recommend against resizing it at that point. Whatever the case, just let me know if I have to fix it up.

Archived