Hondo's Bar

Hondo's T-Shirts

APANCHALYPSE NOW

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its really not.

I jumped the gun and nearly dumped too much of it onto another member, weve compiled a list of intereted parties & #'s theyd want, and a rough price can be gathered from that, were just reviewing our options to make sure we get the best deal for the money, since i think we can still fill an order of 20 or more but not buying in mass bulk. Were just slowly looking around to see what else there is besides cafexpress and such, but the project's got legs.

Impatient fucks, aren't they? :2T:

Cafepress is a little expensive but they're reliable and their stuff is pretty good quality for being custom-made. They do their stuff to order so you don't have to buy in bulk and everyone can have their own custom number on the back and such. People can also buy their shirts straight online and have them shipped to them whenever they want. The only downside is you're gonna have to be willing to pay, like, 15 bucks for your tshirt.

Still if you guys want to go that route, let me know. Believe it or not, I still have the Drawing the Line shop open on there, I can easily put Hondos shirts up in a jiffy. (they have so many new products now, I'm itching to design new merchandise!)

yeah, if you can vouch for their quality (cause in times past, id heard otherwise), i say thats the way to go. Most people seemed to think $15-20 was fair anyway (does that cover shipping at all?) but if there's anyone to demo a design/choose colors and the like, i cant see a better option.

I'll show you guys a demo shirt inna couple days when I get a chance. The only issue I foresee is that they might not allow the Harley/Hondos logo since it's copyright infringement. I've had them remove one of my products before (the DTL LotR parody, oddly they left four other movie parodies untouched). We might be able to get a few bought and shipped before they notice it's up there, but again we might not.

There's a decent variety of shirt types. There aren't a lot of color options, but it's gotten better. When I was using them they only had white tshirts, now they're adding new colors all the time. They're not super high quality, but they're much nicer than you'd expect for the service they provide. And keep in mind, Nick, that the quality of the image they print has a whole lot to do with the resolution and quality of the image you upload to them, so that mighta been the reason for the bad quality you'd heard of in the past.

I hadnt thought about that...i guess we should all try to put orders in at once and hope for the best? Hard to say if theyd notice or just leave it up there. Didnt you do a Sopranos one? did that fly?

And youre right, i think i have a high-quality .bmp of the ol' drinks/whores one. If they come out any sharper than the panch productions ones i wear to megacon that RA kinda clowns on, i guess were doing good.

I hadnt thought about that...i guess we should all try to put orders in at once and hope for the best? Hard to say if theyd notice or just leave it up there. Didnt you do a Sopranos one? did that fly?

The Sopranos one got through. So did the Spidey 2, Harry Potter, and I Robot ones. But they made me take down the LotR one. It just depends on what they stumble on and what they think they could get sued for. Since this logo really is just the Harley logo with different text, though, I'm sure they're not gonna like it. But we can give it a shot.

here's a high quality one i made earlier

Nothing with "jpg" on the end is a high enough quality to print. We need to remake it as an adobe illustrator file or a high-res (300 dpi at least) tif.

You should link the DTL shop. I ... I may be interested in purchasing sommuv that.

Sure thing. They've changed some of their product lineup so some of my products are missing now (goodbye travel mug, goodbye frisbee) but DTL the wall clock is still there so I'm happy :no:

Yes it is, but the Hondos/Harley logo isn't parody. An image must be changed at least (last time I checked) 33% from its original image to be elligible for parody protection. I don't know how they measure that but that's what it is. Also, it's not enough to simply replace the characters or subjects of an image with those of your own creation, you also have to make some sort of statement, have a tagline or joke or something. My LotR pic probably would have held up in court, but cafepress isn't interested in ever getting to court so they're very careful about it.

Archived