Hondo's Bar

The Legend of Zelda

MusicManiac

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Oh, man - a Zelda Maker would be awesome. I tried getting into understanding game design - I became obsessed w/ remaking Roger Rabbit for the NES - but w/ fixed up sprites and correct colors.

I think the program was Video Game Maker - I got pretty far recreating the game - I did backgrounds, character physics, programmed entering and exiting buildings...but then it just got overwhelming. Had problems programming a Roger that follows you around.

Mario Maker would have been awesome if you could like, design your own sprites and apply them to the goomba or koopa physics.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The earliest screenshot of NES Zelda

Hyrule Encyclopedia, just released in Japan, reveals the only known screenshot of a SUPER old build of the first Legend of Zelda!

saQnMHB.jpg

zeldaST_vol2_16.jpg

Nakago:

Last time we talked about how the first Zelda only had dungeons. This is the planning sheet for the dungeon select screen we drew up back then. The title is “Adventure Title,” so we hadn’t decided on The Legend of Zelda yet. And that’s Miyamoto-san’s signature.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...